Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

At one point, he was a 5-star. His stock dropped a tad since the end of the season and I can't for the life of me tell you why.

His stock dropped because he got injured and did not really participate in many camps. For whatever reasons, the ranking gurus take camp performances into account 

On 7/7/2018 at 7:52 PM, TB14 said:

Pumped for Houston! No offense to @TheContractor but I think Houston is good! Top 200 prospect and can also play on the outside. Kid is a stud!

Not worried about him causing others to look elsewhere. If they want in you find room. There is always a way for a stud. 

None taken buddy, hopefully DH turns out to be a stud for us 

On 7/8/2018 at 11:53 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

It would be a huge mistake to wait until September. What if you win and they still don't come? 

Secondly, the staff is getting who the staff wants. So I think we're making an assumption in thinking we're settling with who we've taken vs who is still out there.

You can't play your recruiting season based on the assumption that you'll win, on the assumption that winning will cause players committed elsewhere to reconsider and change to Texas. When was the last time that really happened to any team?

Houston is a 4-star. Thats a very good pick up. And he serves the role Wilson would've played here. Houston wanted to be a Horn. Wilson wanted to be a Buckeye. Give me Houston every single day.

Don’t agree that the staff gets who it wants. 

If they did Wilson would be committed over Houston. Also, Leal, K. green, Chris A, Bragg, B Williams, D Richardson would all be Horns. No staff, even Satan Nick gets who he wants. 

I don’t think it’s a mistake at all to wait, is some situations. 

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'll say it now. Jake Smith will be a 5-star before the end of the season.

Should be a 5-Star for sure, amazing ability. But I don’t trust of of the tankers, Bc to me R Johnson is a much better prospect than his rankings. Top 150nationally, if not better. His ability is amazing. 

In 2020 I also like Malik Hornsby a ton. I think he is up there in terms of top DT QBs in the country. 

20 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Don’t agree that the staff gets who it wants. 

If they did Wilson would be committed over Houston. Also, Leal, K. green, Chris A, Bragg, B Williams, D Richardson would all be Horns. No staff, even Satan Nick gets who he wants. 

I don’t think it’s a mistake at all to wait, is some situations. 

I think you misunderstood or I didn't make my point clear.

We're not recruiting prospects that we don't want.

18 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Should be a 5-Star for sure, amazing ability. But I don’t trust of of the tankers, Bc to me R Johnson is a much better prospect than his rankings. Top 150nationally, if not better. His ability is amazing. 

In 2020 I also like Malik Hornsby a ton. I think he is up there in terms of top DT QBs in the country. 

Totally agree.