Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

Im starting to wonder if the same post championship loss bug that bit mack brown has bit alabama and nick saben.

There recruiting class is weak

Somehow I think Saban will avoid joining Mack as being the only coach ever to take a team to the championship game one year and have a losing record the next.

Daniel, with the spots left available, who fills out this class?

My thoughts:

Offense

1. Bush

2. Muhammed

3. Waddle

Defense

1. Jamison

2. Perkins

3. Cook

4. Brown

I have the same wish list except for MM. Can they pull 3 TEs in this class. I have another OL instead of MM (havent put a name to it yet, but I feel 3 OL for this class). Of course I could be, and probably am, wrong. As much as his recruitment is all over the place, Ive always thought Waddle was part of core guys (with Foster, Woodard, Cook, Coburn, Green) behind the scenes working their plan.

That final 4 to finish out the defense would be fantastic.

My thoughts:

Offense

1. Bush

2. Muhammed

3. Waddle

Defense

1. Jamison

2. Perkins

3. Cook

4. Brown

SHA, of this epic finish plays out on NSD these last 7 should put us to #1 class am I wrong? Lastly have we ever had the #1 recruiting class?

Yes. The Simms/Redding class.

2002 I think.

Beat me to it.  I believe Simms was the Parade Magazine High school offensive player of the year; and Redding got the same honor for defense. 

Side Note:  Both went through Texas and never beat Oklahoma (I believe). 

My thoughts:

Offense

1. Bush

2. Muhammed

3. Waddle

Defense

1. Jamison

2. Perkins

3. Cook

4. Brown

That would probably be the most ideal finish for the staff, but I would say they are more likely to find a JUCO tackle rather than taking two more WRs.

Edited by Daniel Seahorn

That would probably be the most ideal finish for the staff, but I would say they are more likely to find a JUCO tackle rather than taking two more WRs.

texbound, on 22 Aug 2017 - 3:16 PM, said:

I have the same wish list except for MM. Can they pull 3 TEs in this class. I have another OL instead of MM (havent put a name to it yet, but I feel 3 OL for this class). Of course I could be, and probably am, wrong. As much as his recruitment is all over the place, Ive always thought Waddle was part of core guys (with Foster, Woodard, Cook, Coburn, Green) behind the scenes working their plan.

That final 4 to finish out the defense would be fantastic.

I would normally agree, but if it isn't there, what do you do? Take an inferior prospect for the sake of filling the spot/position? There's no one on the radar in the HS ranks and the one beast from the NE in the JUCO ranks, but so is an army of other suitors.

I'm thinking the Hermeister says no thanks to that and takes the two WRs because 1) they are difference makers and you can't have too many of those, and 2) they want to come.

Epps won't help us until his Sr, maybe Jr season. MM is much more ready for prime time.

If we get Cook, that would put us with two Five-star players in our class. Ohio State currently has two. So it would be very close for #1. Cook is the only 5-star left that we're even recruiting.