Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

Wasn't it someone here, a mod or a poster, that stated while Tom's class last year wasn't all that great, he was positioning himself to make the 2018 class great? I sure do seem to remember that and so far, they have been spot on!

SHA told us that. He heard it from his buddies.

Of course his buddies hang out at Dominique's Atomic bar and Grill.

Wasn't it someone here, a mod or a poster, that stated while Tom's class last year wasn't all that great, he was positioning himself to make the 2018 class great? I sure do seem to remember that and so far, they have been spot on!

I had serious doubts on Herman's recruiting ability after he managed the worst football recruiting class in history.  

During that time others kept saying he was pro recruiter but I had my doubts.  I couldn't have been more wrong. Now its like Christmas every day.  

I had serious doubts on Herman's recruiting ability after he managed the worst football recruiting class in history.  

During that time others kept saying he was pro recruiter but I had my doubts.  I couldn't have been more wrong. Now its like Christmas every day.  

DMAC...I was the worst offender on here about doubting his ability to recruit. What I would really like to see now is how well he can recruit with a good winning record behind us.

I dont mind a bit saying how happy I am about how wrong I was.

Texas just moved up to #3 due to a Penn State decommit per 24/7:

Texas has moved up to No. 3 in the national recruiting rankings.

No, Texas didn’t land another commit. But the Longhorns did jump one spot thanks to Penn State taking a loss on the recruiting trail.

Five-star Harrison (GA) quarterback Justin Fieldsbacked out of his verbal pledge to the Nittany Lions on Tuesday night.

Fields actually holds an offer from Texas, but the Longhorns have two quarterback commits and aren’t actively pursuing him. Florida is trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. 

Texas currently has 12 commits and has a score of 226.75. The Longhorns only sit behind Ohio State and Miami in the national rankings.

With some big targets making their decisions this summer, expect Texas to compete for the top spot before the start of its first season underTom Herman.

I think Hermann's inability to add a lot of recruits late last year was a reflection on how much last year's seniors had soured on our program.

Chaisson being the prime example. But in retrospect, maybe he did a hell of a job keeping together what Strong had recruited while adding a few of his own.