Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread


Will Baizer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I love my ‘Horns to death, but I’m reminded of this sad truth regarding the wide receiver position, and I’m wondering if y’all agree: 

the wide receiver position at UT is where good receivers have gone to die ever since Colt McCoy. 

 

This has been due to offensive system, play calling, and most of all - QB play. 

But how have we had such talented and athletic receivers (take our deep room this last year as example #1: Colin Johnson, RHM, Devin duvernay, Humphrey, etc.) end up with such terribly weak stats and even transfer out of the program?

 

Tough sell to current recruits, but I’m confident coach herman will address it and turn things around! 

 

Cheers to a great signing day, and to improved QB play in 2018

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Utjb27 said:

I love my ‘Horns to death, but I’m reminded of this sad truth regarding the wide receiver position, and I’m wondering if y’all agree: 

the wide receiver position at UT is where good receivers have gone to die ever since Colt McCoy. 

 

This has been due to offensive system, play calling, and most of all - QB play. 

But how have we had such talented and athletic receivers (take our deep room this last year as example #1: Colin Johnson, RHM, Devin duvernay, Humphrey, etc.) end up with such terribly weak stats and even transfer out of the program?

 

Tough sell to current recruits, but I’m confident coach herman will address it and turn things around! 

 

Cheers to a great signing day, and to improved QB play in 2018

 

Like Marcus Johnson who's playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday?  Herman and staff have been here one year.  Get out of here with this aggy bs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest PleaseDeleteUser
2 hours ago, Utjb27 said:

I love my ‘Horns to death, but I’m reminded of this sad truth regarding the wide receiver position, and I’m wondering if y’all agree: 

the wide receiver position at UT is where good receivers have gone to die ever since Colt McCoy. 

 

This has been due to offensive system, play calling, and most of all - QB play. 

But how have we had such talented and athletic receivers (take our deep room this last year as example #1: Colin Johnson, RHM, Devin duvernay, Humphrey, etc.) end up with such terribly weak stats and even transfer out of the program?

 

Tough sell to current recruits, but I’m confident coach herman will address it and turn things around! 

 

Cheers to a great signing day, and to improved QB play in 2018

 

It's QB play. I don't think Ship and Quan were that much better than what we have now. Much more mature for sure. Better route runners, but the biggest difference was Colt. Not just his accuracy, but also pre reads of the D, the whole works. Great QB play changes everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Like Marcus Johnson who's playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday?  Herman and staff have been here one year.  Get out of here with this aggy bs.

After a little research the poster was correct.... although you may hate to hear it... 1 NFL WR drafted since Shipley and company..... and that’s Marquise Goodwin is 2013.... Marcus Johnson was even undrafted.... it’s def the QB play. Not good trotting a freshman out every other year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Not sure, but from watching him tonight I like him just fine at RB. 

I just seen the film on him.. He is legit. He has good vision,ability to cut back, very versatile of a player he is.  Kinda reminds me of Darren Sproles in a way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wadster said:

It's QB play. I don't think Ship and Quan were that much better than what we have now. Much more mature for sure. Better route runners, but the biggest difference was Colt. Not just his accuracy, but also pre reads of the D, the whole works. Great QB play changes everything. 

Shipley was a full grown man. Lets not undersell him because Colt was throwing the ball to him. He was damn good wideout even with the injuries he piled up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

You have a point lol. I’m just glad he was able to put together a productive career after all the injuries. He was fun to watch. 

That plug on LHN where Shipley goes after the clay pigeon is funny, but the truth is, Colt probably asked "Ship?..Ship, you all right?" pretty often during their careers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

BINGO. Kid is a legend in my eyes 

Yeah Jordan Shipley was a beast. And Jaxon Shipley was legit too and would have been better with consistent QB play. Best stat for Jaxon, freshman year he went 4 for 4 passing with 73 yards and 3 TD's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

🏈 Texas vs. Oklahoma State

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
Austin, TX
11:00 AM Kickoff - FOX


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...