Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

6 minutes ago, DMAC said:

So I guess your rant about Noah Cain was needless

No, DMAC, it wasn't needless. Unlike you apparently, I have no expectation of any player, recruit or whatever reading or caring anything about what I might have to say. And I probably don't care what they have to say, either.

Yet, I post my opinion anyway, just about anytime I care to – with no expectation ever of having any type of effect on this team in any way, shape or form. This is a message board, nothing more.

Can I be more clear here?

I am merely looking at the timeline

2 weeks the article came out that Cook was ours.  Apparently you posted the info on this board and linked some ag article.

He visits LSU, they beat #10 Auburn.  Makes a couple of quotes about how he cant wait to get up to LSU and LSU is the new DBU.

He postpones his announcement.  Coincidence, maybe.

Put me on ignore so I dont disrupt your sunshine party.  I dont give a shit.

We do this after every loss.  We complain, talk about players leaving, not buying in or whatever.  We all knew Texas would lose this game and most people predicted anywhere from 3 to 10 points for the Horns and that's exactly what happened.  I stand by my prediction the Horns were going to win 4 of their last 5 and so far they're 1-1.  They will win their final 3 and finish 7-5.  At that point we will all be very satisfied and waiting for the bowl game.

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Sha,

it was a post on Facebook that started off quoting Orangebloods. The quote was about Beck keeping the title in name only this year. Then there was over 140 comments on the post. One was about the transfers. Was hoping someone on here could shed some light. Thanks for the info you have given. 

Speculating about transfers isn’t good for anyone. Especially on fan threads with people trying to be program insiders. 

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

I am merely looking at the timeline

2 weeks the article came out that Cook was ours.  Apparently you posted the info on this board and linked some ag article.

He visits LSU, they beat #10 Auburn.  Makes a couple of quotes about how he cant wait to get up to LSU and LSU is the new DBU.

He postpones his announcement.  Coincidence, maybe.

Put me on ignore so I dont disrupt your sunshine party.  I dont give a shit.

He’s legit torn between his options right now. When I mentioned the possibility of a push back it’s because we had heard he it was likely to happen. 

2 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I read on a Facebook thread by a poster(Charlie Williams) that Warrens is transferring and so is a LB and 3 DL. Says the players hate Herman. 

"The players hate Herman" is the stupidest thing I've read in at least a week. That's not hyperbole. A few players probably hate him, maybe even more than they hate standing on the sideline watching better players play. 

2 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Sha,

it was a post on Facebook that started off quoting Orangebloods. The quote was about Beck keeping the title in name only this year. Then there was over 140 comments on the post. One was about the transfers. Was hoping someone on here could shed some light. Thanks for the info you have given. 

No problem, and I will ask my friends what they've heard. 

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm not DMAC, but I happen to agree with him on this.

What you said is true. But given what kind of OL that is – Sam plays QB better behind that line than Buechele does. 

Sure you can evaluate that QB. Same as we evaluated Colt when he spent his years running for his life and creating something out of nothing.

I don't think there's room to "blame" a QB. They are what they are. The coach who plays this is who would be blamed. But, maybe Sam wasn't completely ready yesterday and thus, wasn't put into the game. Not sure and they haven't said.

Herman did say in his presser after the game..... Sam had a set back because ear aches which effected his balance etc so couldn’t go....

A new name to know is DL Moro Ojomo.

TFB wrote about him today:

More Ojomo: I caught up with 2018 DT, Moro Ojomo (Katy, TX). Texas has been recruiting Ojomo for quite some time though an offer has yet to be extended. Ojomo does hold offers from Big 12 schools like TCU and Oklahoma State.

Ojomo tells me that he will see Texas in back to back weeks. He visited TCU this past weekend.

Then, next weekend he will take a visit to Texas for the Kansas game. Ojomo says he plans on making a decision in December though I wouldn’t surprised if one comes earlier.

He has ties to TCU in that his former teammate, Corey Bethley is a freshman defensive lineman there.

Ojomo is another defensive linemen Texas is looking at as a possible replacement for Ronnie Perkins in case Texas isn’t able to flip Perkins. – (Super K)

https://247sports.com/Player/Moro-Ojomo-46038621