Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2018 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

Okay Daniel, just off the top of your head and only applicable to right now . . . how does Texas finish the year in both recruiting and football? Not holding you to anything here, just interested in how you're seeing things right now.

On the football front, I'm optimistic that this thing gets turned around. 9-3 if not 10-2 plus a bowl.

On recruiting, it is really hard to say. I'd like to suggest a top 10 finish . . BUT . . we've only got one in the fold right now and he's got a track record of a travel agency.

Okay Daniel, just off the top of your head and only applicable to right now . . . how does Texas finish the year in both recruiting and football? Not holding you to anything here, just interested in how you're seeing things right now.

On the football front, I'm optimistic that this thing gets turned around. 9-3 if not 10-2 plus a bowl.

On recruiting, it is really hard to say. I'd like to suggest a top 10 finish . . BUT . . we've only got one in the fold right now and he's got a track record of a travel agency.

I'm going to go conservative and say 8 wins this year (not including a potential bowl win) with a fringe top 10 finish on the recruiting trail. If Texas finishes better than that then recruiting is going to be a lot of fun in January and February.

I'm gonna' go ahead make the call that Herman will beat 1 of USC and Oklahoma.

If UT beats USC, they'll beat ou too.

I think UT beats Ho-U regardless. I mean, Chuck beat Ho-U a couple of years ago and Tom beat em last year. I think Tom has more talent this year than the group he beat em with last year. And if UT manages to pull the upset at USC, then I really think we're all in for a fantastic season...

Crap!....is the bottom line here that we are not going to sign a single recruit until we show we can win? I expected that winning would improve greatly our chances with top recruits, but I did not expect we would have to show we can win before we sign another soul....

Damn!....That Maryland game may be more important than any game we have played in the last 6 years.....

I expect to beat OU. IMO, the softness left and now we'll be able to beat them in any given year.

USC, OTOH, would be a monumental win. At their place. IMO, they were one of the best teams in college football by the end of the season last year. They are going to be very tough to beat. My jaw would drop if we were to beat them.

I expect to beat OU. IMO, the softness left and now we'll be able to beat them in any given year.

USC, OTOH, would be a monumental win. At their place. IMO, they were one of the best teams in college football by the end of the season last year. They are going to be very tough to beat. My jaw would drop if we were to beat them.

Even though USC returns Darnold they lost some pretty good talent. 3/5 OL is gone including both Tackles. Adoree Jackson and Juju are pretty significant losses as well. Don't forget they play Stanford the week before us so they could be beat up a bit from that type of ballgame.

It's so slow around here in the off season I thought I'd tell you guys a story. So yesterday I was at Stiles Switch in Austin and Mark Henry was behind me in line and he was definitely showing around some recruits parents. The recruit wasn't there, so I have no idea who he was actually showing around. But everyone and their dog was coming up to him and taking pictures, etc. Also overheard most of their conversation and it was all about how amazing Herman was and how detail orientated he was.

Some sites are saying Herman may have cooled off on Hines. With the comment he made about 350 lb. DL it probably wouldn't be surprising. I think they may be all in on Clement as the top interior target, hope we land him.

Some sites are saying Herman may have cooled off on Hines. With the comment he made about 350 lb. DL it probably wouldn't be surprising. I think they may be all in on Clement as the top interior target, hope we land him.

I definitely buy it considering they were able to see him in person at the Junior Day. I like his tape, but considering what Herman has said about players being in shape lately it doesn't shock me a bit to see them pass.