Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some notes from official visit weekend

I try not to bother guys when they are on their visit, but I did speak to a couple of sources in regards to the official visit going on.

1) Kary Vincent is in town, and he's not here recruiting for LSU from what we've been told.  Vincent has a good relationship with the Texas staff, and he's always had a bit of interest in the Longhorns.  Vincent is pretty entrenched at LSU so he will be incredibly difficult to flip, but getting someone on campus always gives you a chance.

2) If there's any recruiting going on it's pro-Texas and it's directed at Vincent.  We've heard there's a team effort in that aspect from the committed guys, and K'Lavon Chaisson seems to be involved as well.

3) Speaking of Chaisson, it seems that the visit is going well.  We've had him pegged to Texas for some time now, and this weekend isn't hurting anything.  I'm not saying it's done, but it's going according to plan.

4) The guys had a fun night out last night (and it ran late), and I'd expect another tonight.  Saturday is usually the big night for official visits.  

5) I'm not expecting a commitment any time this weekend, but just like last week it's about laying proper ground work.  I've heard Jordan Pouncey is having a phenomenal visit.  That high could go away after he gets back to Florida, but Texas is giving it their best shot.

2) If there's any recruiting going on it's pro-Texas and it's directed at Vincent.  We've heard there's a team effort in that aspect from the committed guys, and K'Lavon Chaisson seems to be involved as well.

3) Speaking of Chaisson, it seems that the visit is going well.  We've had him pegged to Texas for some time now, and this weekend isn't hurting anything.  I'm not saying it's done, but it's going according to plan.

Johnny Utah approves.

giphy.gif