Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas vs. New Mexico - Game Thread (Started Friday Night)

bbdude

• Administrators

Instead of waiting until tomorrow to get this puppy up and running, let's do it tonight. A bit I read on the UNM Football site pissed me off a bit. This:

"I don't care what color is on the other side of the ball. It can be orange, blue, green; it doesn't matter. If they aren't red and it doesn't say `Lobos' on their shirt, I don't like `em."

Lobo Paytron Hightower

New Mexico has 19 roster players that hail from Texas and Paytron Hightower who provided the above quote - is from Dallas. Hightower also mentioned he didn't like the Longhorns much growing up.

My guess is Mr. Hightower will not like the Longhorns any more after tomorrow's game. And didn't he get the message - there's only ONE Hightower:

16102-15041.gif

• Administrators

Okay folk, now for the UGLY.

New Mexico rushing yards 1st half - 100

Texas rushing yards 1st half - 50

David Ash - 31 yds.

Joe Bergeron - 16 yds.

Malcolm Brown - 3 yds.

WE HAVE SOME SERIOUS RECRUITS IN TOWN TOO!!!!!!!!!!

What the holy hell???????????????????????????????????????????????? Let's get this cranking guys.

coming into the season i had faith in Ash. The coaches have made Ash scared to throw the ball and their play calls show it. Ash is so scared to throw a pic he double checks to make sure the WR is open and is late on his throws. Our OL and FB need to block better and are not.

Our D is not a top 5 D in the conference much less then nation. We are not stopping the run at all. A NM team converting 3+ 3rd and 8+ in the first half sux.

We need Fera back to kick.

I had 11-1 at the start of the year and i will be surprised if this team win 9+ games this year. This team is not ready to play.

• Administrators
coming into the season i had faith in Ash. The coaches have made Ash scared to throw the ball and their play calls show it. Ash is so scared to throw a pic he double checks to make sure the WR is open and is late on his throws. Our OL and FB need to block better and are not.

Our D is not a top 5 D in the conference much less then nation. We are not stopping the run at all. A NM team converting 3+ 3rd and 8+ in the first half sux.

We need Fera back to kick.

I had 11-1 at the start of the year and i will be surprised if this team win 9+ games this year. This team is not ready to play.

Well said. The defense is shaky and the offense is stiff. We are squandering opportunities AND talent. I have had a little bit to drink but I am not happy in the least bit. Tonight we have been exposed a bit more. Going on the road next weekend to Ole Miss can go ok or it can go bad. How in the hell can Mack be happy with what he has seen thus far???

you-mad-o.gif