Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Sunday Chat: All Questions Welcome

I think Sam Ehlinger is a perfect fir for this offense, but I don't think we want to have consecutive years starting true freshman. My question is, will Shane Buechele be utilized in the power spread or will they take a look at Heard in that role (even as the primary backup)? The one thing that concerns me about Shane is his diminutive size (relatively speaking) to take that many hits running the ball. I know he is tough, but that is potentially a lot of hits.

They will tweak things to fit Shane's strengths. He will run the ball, but not at the frequency someone like Sam would.

I agree on the notion that texas shouldn't run a freshman QB out there for the second year in a row. I would redshirt him unless you absolutely have to play him and put some separation between him and Buechele.

With the success of Herman using super fast athletic QBs any chance Heard makes the move back to QB? Since Herman said there is no depth chart.

I've said it often, but I just don't see Heard moving back. Only way I ever see him taking snaps again is in some kind of wrinkle or package they may try to develop.

They will tweak things to fit Shane's strengths. He will run the ball, but not at the frequency someone like Sam would.

I agree on the notion that texas shouldn't run a freshman QB out there for the second year in a row. I would redshirt him unless you absolutely have to play him and put some separation between him and Buechele.

Completely agrees with this. Shane proved he can play last year. I'd tailor the offense to him and give Sam time to develop.

With all the talent at WR, do you see any of the 2017 kids playing next year?

I've said it often, but I just don't see Heard moving back. Only way I ever see him taking snaps again is in some kind of wrinkle or package they may try to develop.

Who's left to back up Buechele if we redshirt Ehlinger?  Merrick?  This is why they should try pulling in a JUCO QB.  

Seems like several of the top 2018 guys in Houston area like Muhammad, Preston, Clement, Wright have early CB pick trends to aggy. I think ( and am hoping ) that a big year from Herman and aggy laying an egg with possibility of Sumlin being fired all of those guys would start trending towards us with Herman and his staffs connections to the Houston area. What are you guys thoughts?

Seems like several of the top 2018 guys in Houston area like Muhammad, Preston, Clement, Wright have early CB pick trends to aggy. I think ( and am hoping ) that a big year from Herman and aggy laying an egg with possibility of Sumlin being fired all of those guys would start trending towards us with Herman and his staffs connections to the Houston area. What are you guys thoughts?

Things can and will change. It's early.

It's veryyyyyy early. Focus on how the 2017 class finishes first. Herman knows he needs to win. If he does, recruiting becomes easy

How confident are you regarding K'Lavon picking UT? I love that he wants to major in Petroleum Engineering because UT has one of the best, if not the best, PE program in the nation. To me, he is the last big prize for the Horns.

How confident are you regarding K'Lavon picking UT? I love that he wants to major in Petroleum Engineering because UT has one of the best, if not the best, PE program in the nation. To me, he is the last big prize for the Horns.

I'm fairly confident. It largely depends on how his OV to LSU goes next weekend. He loves Baton Rouge. I like that Texas gets the official afterwards. Right now I would say 70%