Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"I thought Texas was in A&M's shadow."

Wes

I first saw this reported from Texans' beat writer John McClain of Chron.com. He was covering the Texans vs. Miami game this weekend. In an interview with Mike Sherman, the ex head coach of the Texas A&M Aggies and the new offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins, Sherman commented on Texas A&M's first game and their move to the SEC. He also managed to say he thought Texas was in Texas A&M's shadow...

His comments on the SEC:

“Some thought I didn’t want to go to the SEC,” Sherman said today. “I didn’t have a problem going to the SEC as long as it was for the right reasons. I did have a problem with those Aggies who wanted to go to the SEC to get out of Texas’ shadow.

His follow up comments about Texas and Texas A&M:

“I’ve never thought A&M was in Texas’ shadow. When they stood together, I thought Texas was in A&M’s shadow, but not enough (Aggies) realized it.”

Ultimate Texans » Ex-A&M coach Sherman says Longhorns were in Aggies’ shadow

David Ubben of ESPN.com responded with this: "Define "shadow" however you want, but Texas A&M's accomplishments don't measure up to Texas'. Maybe that changes in the SEC, but Texas A&M has a long way to go to catch up."

Mike Sherman: Texas in A&M's shadow - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

And I respond with this: hahahaha silly Mike.

Edited by Wes

and naturally our Big 12 blogger, David "The Chode" Ubben, posts it on ESPN. God, sometimes I think he's useless.

He is no better than A.C. or myself. What SOME (not all) ESPN writers do is take from other publications and call it there own or their own guy is reporting giving you the impression that they were the first to report it. It's deceitful at best. Peter Gammons left and so did others (Forde, Feldman) because ESPN really doesn't like to give credit to anyone outside of ESPN. I hated the way they got the new owners to push out Ketchum and Chip, two great guys, just to promote their own website and guys.

Can anyone tell me what story David Ubben has broken at ESPN? I can't think of one.

• Administrators
I first saw this reported from Texans' beat writer John McClain of Chron.com. He was covering the Texans vs. Miami game this weekend. In an interview with Mike Sherman, the ex head coach of the Texas A&M Aggies and the new offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins, Sherman commented on Texas A&M's first game and their move to the SEC. He also managed to say he thought Texas was in Texas A&M's shadow...

His comments on the SEC:

“Some thought I didn’t want to go to the SEC,” Sherman said today. “I didn’t have a problem going to the SEC as long as it was for the right reasons. I did have a problem with those Aggies who wanted to go to the SEC to get out of Texas’ shadow.

His follow up comments about Texas and Texas A&M:

“I’ve never thought A&M was in Texas’ shadow. When they stood together, I thought Texas was in A&M’s shadow, but not enough (Aggies) realized it.”

Ultimate Texans » Ex-A&M coach Sherman says Longhorns were in Aggies’ shadow

David Ubben of ESPN.com responded with this: "Define "shadow" however you want, but Texas A&M's accomplishments don't measure up to Texas'. Maybe that changes in the SEC, but Texas A&M has a long way to go to catch up."

Mike Sherman: Texas in A&M's shadow - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

And I respond with this: hahahaha silly Mike.

And just for the record John McClain WAS someone I followed when it came to NFL football but now he is a little "off.". Says some crazy stuff. He is also a Baylor alum and the biggest Baylor homer this side of the Brazos.

Most people are homers of some team. Everyone should take it for what it is and read between the lines. But yes I also agree it was tragic the way the new owners of The Horn pushed out Ketch and Chip. The Horn lost a lot of fans from listening in the morning because they now have to air "Mike and Mike".