Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friday Staff Chat is Open

Harrison Wier

Couple of recruiting notes:

Marquez Bimage officially decommitted from The University of Houston earlier today. He is on commit watch for Texas. The 3-star LB will be a nice addition to Todd Orlando's defense. Think Malcolm Roach with this one. 

It has been reported that Lake Travis TE Cade Brewer has decided to flip from SMU and become a Longhorn. This reporter is catching tons of criticism (as he should) because he announced Brewer's decision before he had his own chance to. That's the nature of the business these days. All about being first. 

Tom Herman has done a spectacular job recruiting thus far. He is handing out a ton of 2018 offers, which is his way of starting the relationship building process. If Texas wins in 2017, recruiting is going to become extremely easy. 

Fire away with any questions you have for our staff, and we will do our best to answer them. Happy holidays, folks!

What do you think our chances of getting Eno Benjamin with all of these other RB offers going out?

I think it's going to come down to Texas and Arizona State. Eno says he doesn't mind the offers to other RBs, but I believe it bothers him a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him choose Arizona State. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him pick Texas. The good news for Herman is, if Eno goes to the Sun Devils, Daniel Young probably comes to Texas. 

Do you think we land kendall Sheffield and Jordan Moore?

Jordan Moore is 50/50 at this point, imo. Being cousins with Oscar Giles and his mother being a Texas Ex certainly doesn't hurt, but A&M has done a great job with his recruitment. The fact of the matter is that this kid will most likely not stick with his original commitment. It's obvious that he's torn and is making a decision way too early. Regardless of his choice, this recruitment is far from over. As far as Sheffield is concerned, I think Texas has a legitimate chance. Sheffield is interested and may be sitting privately on an offer. We will see how that plays out. 

Jordan Moore is 50/50 at this point, imo. Being cousins with Oscar Giles and his mother being a Texas Ex certainly doesn't hurt, but A&M has done a great job with his recruitment. The fact of the matter is that this kid will most likely not stick with his original commitment. It's obvious that he's torn and is making a decision way too early. Regardless of his choice, this recruitment is far from over. As far as Sheffield is concerned, I think Texas has a legitimate chance. Sheffield is interested and may be sitting privately on an offer. We will see how that plays out.

Sheffield got offered on Nov 30th by Texas according to 247.

So I know we're still a long ways away from 2019 recruiting, but I just wanna know what folks think of the 2 QB prospect whose names have been thrown around; Grant Gunnell and Roschon Johnson. Which guy do you think would be a better fit for Herman's offense?

So I know we're still a long ways away from 2019 recruiting, but I just wanna know what folks think of the 2 QB prospect whose names have been thrown around; Grant Gunnell and Roschon Johnson. Which guy do you think would be a better fit for Herman's offense?

Johnson already has CB picks to Texas FWIW.

Daniel Young is in.