Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Todd Orlando To Texas

Daniel Seahorn

Part of me is a little concerned that Orlando might be with us for a single year before taking a HC gig. Leaving us in a search for a DC again next offseason.

I understand what you are saying.

However, I would much rather have a coach that is doing his job well enough that he is in demand. It means he is a good coach and is doing a good job. As opposed to a coach who isn't doing his job well enough to have other schools looking to give him a "promotion". Most likely that means that he is an ordinary coach at best. 

Part of me is a little concerned that Orlando might be with us for a single year before taking a HC gig. Leaving us in a search for a DC again next offseason.

The glory years of Mack Brown included precisely what you describe above.  Mack's best run during his tenure consisted of the following coordinators, each staying only two seasons before leaving for HC gigs:

Robinson

Chizik

Muschamp

Simply a consequence of success. 

It is a pretty rare bird that is satisfied to remain as an elite coordinator.  Many would have been wise to do so (in retrospect). 

The glory years of Mack Brown included precisely what you describe above.  Mack's best run during his tenure consisted of the following coordinators, each staying only two seasons before leaving for HC gigs:

Robinson

Chizik

Muschamp

Simply a consequence of success. 

It is a pretty rare bird that is satisfied to remain as an elite coordinator.  Many would have been wise to do so (in retrospect). 

Yep, I would much rather have a young, hungry coach any day of the week. One that coaches his butt off. When he leaves, then bring in the "best" next young, hungry coach.