Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Friday Chat: All Questions Welcome

Would you say that Herman and his staff were average, good or great at developing talent at UH?

I felt the former staff at Texas did not seem to do a very good job at player development although they were very good at signing talent.

Which would you rather have, a coach that is good at recruiting and great at development or great at recruiting and good at development?

Who is to say he won't be great at both?

PS, I hope you did well on your exams.

Would you say that Herman and his staff were average, good or great at developing talent at UH?

I felt the former staff at Texas did not seem to do a very good job at player development although they were very good at signing talent.

Which would you rather have, a coach that is good at recruiting and great at development or great at recruiting and good at development?

Who is to say he won't be great at both?

PS, I hope you did well on your exams.

Good question that remains to be seen. Herman walked into a good crop of talent and won with other players that weren't his. Similar situation at Texas

Where will Texas look for linebacker recruiting? We need a solid ILB and some depth across the position. 

Does Texas basketball get back on the right track and beat Alabama?

Now more of a conspiracy theory: Could one reason for the slow start be the assistant coach shuffle? I don't see Jai Lucas being as good as Morell, Cason, or Horn. 

Where will Texas look for linebacker recruiting? We need a solid ILB and some depth across the position.

Does Texas basketball get back on the right track and beat Alabama?

Now more of a conspiracy theory: Could one reason for the slow start be the assistant coach shuffle? I don't see Jai Lucas being as good as Morell, Cason, or Horn.

I think they will at home. I don't think so. I knew Texas would not be great without Taylor and Ridley, but they have been quite bad. Shaka has to figure out how to get these guys to play with energy

I think they will at home. I don't think so. I knew Texas would not be great without Taylor and Ridley, but they have been quite bad. Shaka has to figure out how to get these guys to play with energy

It's not going to be possible to get energetic performances because the team has so little depth. Not sure why Shaka wouldn't have just picked up an additional 2 or 3 star player just to have some depth to run his system on defense. Guard play has been atrocious, and it's arguably the most important part of a Shaka-coached team. There's been little improvement from Roach and Davis.

It's not going to be possible to get energetic performances because the team has so little depth. Not sure why Shaka wouldn't have just picked up an additional 2 or 3 star player just to have some depth to run his system on defense. Guard play has been atrocious, and it's arguably the most important part of a Shaka-coached team. There's been little improvement from Roach and Davis.

For LB look at some UH commits. I agree, I don't think Roach screams PG. Shaka has had trouble recruiting here. If he can snag Coleman, they could be legit

What are you hearing regarding Hermans recruiting style?

What's the contrast between Herman and Strong in recruiting?

They aren't messing around out there. They hit the ground running and haven't been afraid to cast some offers out there in the process. I'm willing to bet Herman won't hoard his officials for December and February like Charlie did.

The 2018 cycle will be interesting because we will get to see how the new staff decides to operate.

I'll say Allen since he already knows the playbook and I'm not exactly sure how interested Stidham is in Texas.

Got it. I did hear that Texas was interested in Stidham, but who knows if he's reciprocated the same interest.

If Texas does end up taking a transfer QB, who do you think it would be? Allen or Stidham?

My Texas Tech graduate friend said Stidham is a jerk and compared him to Manziel. I thought he was butt hurt because he left TT for Baylor.

However listening to this podcast the one guy he communicates on a regular basis with is Taylor Hamm, so he could be just by guilt by association. It sounds like A&M has him if they want him since he wants to stay in Texas. He also likes Briles, so if he got an OC job then that's  possibility.

I would think Allen would come to Texas unless Major gets the UH job. I read that Applewhite had a big influence on Allen going to Houston.

Podcast: Talking Jarrett Stidham with Taylor Hamm

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Podcast-Talking-Jarrett-Stidham-with-Taylor-Hamm-49488065