Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Texas Offers Blinn DB Kendall Sheffield

Devo told me during the season the coach wouldn't play him at tight end and insisted he played defensive end seems there was a issue with him and the coaches or from what the coaches told him while recruiting him

Devo told me during the season the coach wouldn't play him at tight end and insisted he played defensive end seems there was a issue with him and the coaches or from what the coaches told him while recruiting him

That looks to be the case. He finished the year appearing in 9 games and recorded 1 catch for 1 yard and 1 solo tackle on the year.

http://www.buccaneersports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/teams/blinncollege?tmpl=teaminfo-network-monospace-template

Daniel, I hate to be that guy, but I have to ask. You know who else is at Blinn with Sheffield. And listening to Mike on the podcast, Herman's offense needs TEs. Any chance Herman will give Devo a look?

The reviews I got on Devo were not encouraging at all. I wouldn't even worry about him moving forward.

Not trying to bash the kid, but I was told straight up that him on offense just wasn't going to work out, which is why the move to defense was encouraged.

I recall the knock on Sheffield at Bama was his physicality. Saban has enough kids waiting in the wings to be extremely particular. It's funny about Devo. I went to Blinn (back in the day) as a DE and was moved to TE. JUCO is an interesting situation. There are some unbelievably gifted specimens who are there for grade issues or a "rambunctious" past. Some can grow up and move forward and some get worse but it's pretty much on the kid to decide, there was not a lot of supervision. They didn't call it "outlaw ball" without reason