Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
earlyag

A&M gets SEC Invite today

You got your invite but Baylor is screaming and hollering about you guys leaving. Baylor has made this all about Texas football (the state) and how the state's football infrastructure is crumbling. The Bears do not want to get left out of the cold.

RG3 is the Baylor version of Vince Young. I doubt they will get another athlete like that for another 100 years. Plus Floyd Casey Stadium gets amassed by many high school stadiums in Texas. Baylor is screwed.

The Baylor story has turned into Baylor and 5 other schools that are threatened by the Aggie Move and ALSO the potential OU hop to the PAC 10 Conference. A&M AND the SEC have asked the Big XII to wave any legal claims related to the A&M move. Dan Beebe:

'This is the first time to my knowledge that a conference has been requested to waive any legal claims toward another conference for any damages suffered with a membership change.

This is more than simply a team moving conferences. It has the potential for a significant impact on revenue sharing and yes, the demise of the Big XII.

I have to admit I give credit to Baylor and the other little 5 (Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Iowa State and Missouri) for adhering to the "their is strength in numbers" adage. They are promising a lengthy legal fight UNLESS OU reaffirms its commitment to staying in the Big XII. The little 6 are pulling their weight. Of course this makes perfect sense - they are relegated to WAC, Mountain West, C-USA or even worse if the conference disbands. It looks very well like OU's decision will determine the fate of the Big XII. Big XII would be best for Texas because of the Longhorn Network.

The saddest part of this is that Texas A&M left because Texas got a network deal when they KNEW LAST YEAR we had a network deal. Why didn't they leave last year when they had the chance? I hope the Big XII remains in tact and Texas remains a part of it.

In honor of our friends in Waco who want the Big XII to stay:

Sic-Em-128-gif.GIF

It's also important to note that the SEC is very weary of pulling A&M into the conference while aggie u. is in legal jeopardy. Arkansas was recently approached by the Big12 about "coming home" to its roots but the Hogs have maintained content in the Suck Eastern Conference, At the end of the day I think the Big12 will be the Big 12. Supposedly Texas and OU have discussed receiving less revenue from the conference tv deals to entice schools like Air Force, Notre Dams and BYU to potentially join the Big12.

We will be in the SEC in no time. I personally find it hilarious that all these universities are begging us to stay. Good to be wanted I guess.

For now you are the media darlings..Catch me in 5 years after getting your asses handed to you and then we'll see how sweet the media is toward you guys..