Find results in...

***Official Update Thread***

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know much about Coach Warehime but I'm sure he's pretty good if Herman wants to bring him with. That said, I'm really sad to see Mattox go. What he did with our O-Line this season was nothing

Only a racist says what Brando said. Racists usually start their conversations by calling their target a racist. Strong was fired for his scoreboard record at UT and Brando knows it. 16 and 21 means y

Conspiracy Theory Alert!   Drayton coaches in Chicago. BevoBlake lives in Chicago.    Have Drayton and BevoBlake ever been seen together?

Posted Images

To be fair we did give Strong enormous amounts of grief for bringing in his old staff and not reeling in any big national names. Since Herman seems to be doing the same thing so far, he does deserve that same kind of scrutiny. Though to be fair to Herman he hasn't hired the big boys yet.

1. Strong only brought 3 guys from Louisville. Watson, Bedford, and BJM. He brought in mostly guys who had no ties to Texas or any particular scheme or system.

2. How do you know the ones hired are not big names?

3. Can you name who these big names are?

4. Do you know the names of any assistants of any team ranked in the top 25? 

All this big name non sense is internet BS. Hell not one Texas fan knew who BJM was before he got to Texas, and the same can be said for Traylor... 

Herman has been on the job like 2 days... 

Looks like he was the RB coach at OSU for 4 years before joining the Bears this year. Can't hurt to have Zeke's college rb coach recruiting the likes of Dobbins.

The problem with that is is the Bears season doesn't end until January 1st and Dobbins is an EE and the dead period ends a couple days before the start of spring semester. So unless he's on his way to Austin in the next few days I don't see how he can make an impact in Dobbins recruitment.

1. Strong only brought 3 guys from Louisville. Watson, Bedford, and BJM. He brought in mostly guys who had no ties to Texas or any particular scheme or system.

All this big name non sense is internet BS. Hell not one Texas fan knew who BJM was before he got to Texas, and the same can be said for Traylor...

Easy big boy....

I think he meant the coordinators when he said big boys..

The problem with that is is the Bears season doesn't end until January 1st and Dobbins is an EE and the dead period ends a couple days before the start of spring semester. So unless he's on his way to Austin in the next few days I don't see how he can make an impact in Dobbins recruitment.

True. Only a rumored name at this point, so who knows..

I wonder if Stan Drayton is a name we could hear about in the OC Search. Drayton worked under Meyer for years but more importantly, operated as the RB Coach for Ohio State while Herman was OC. Drayton was the RB Coach for guys like Ezekiel Elliott, Carlos Hyde and Dan Herron. He was a WR Coach at one point at Ohio State as well. He took an NFL RB Coach gig with the Bears but I'm sure he'd be very interested in the OC Position at Texas. He's a good coach and a good recruiter. He locked down the following names that you may recognize:

Ezekiel Elliott

Cam Newton

Maurkice and Mike Pouncey

Riley Cooper

Mike Weber (Tearing it up at Ohio State now)

Just a thought. I could be completely mistaken but I think this is an option to consider.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Drayton had a pretty good relationship with Coach Strong as well.

Just leaving this here.

It seems pretty clear that the Bears season is already over...

The point is Strong was criticized for bringing in a staff that wasn't big time and when you coach at Texas with all the money we have people expect big time hires, like the (year two, no?) Wickline hire. There was a lot of pressure on Charlie to do that, to get big names on his staff. If you don't remember that, well, there are different supplements you can take.

So I'm just curious now, if Herman does the same thing, does he not deserve the same scrutiny? And if not, is that a double standard? Or is Herman's situation different? I know it's early. I recognized that. Herman may very well bring in an established power 5 "name" at OC or DC.

Again, I just find it an interesting situation.

herman moving to the "flagship university of the state of texas" didn't stop aranda from signing his deal with lsu.  who knows if aranda was his number 1 choice though.  or maybe aranda wasn't one of those established power 5 names that you speak of.

I think Aranda is definitely a young star/name at a power 5 school, if you are being serious. It really comes down to if the guy will keep the natives restful and I think Arand would have fit the bill, but alas.