Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***Official Update Thread***

You're the one with the agenda , all we are saying is Tom Herman gets a pass for losing to bad teams and I agree that Herman having success outweighs his losses and also that we looked poorly coached this year, it still evident that both strong and Herman lost to some bad teams this year.

Btw I like Herman a lot and wish him the best and think we will do well , especially since he will reclaim the state in recruiting. I root for the Texas Longhorns

Herman had one bad loss to 5-7 SMU. His other losses were to 9-2 Navy and 8-4 Memphis. And losing to SMU still doesn't even come close to losing to freaking Kansas.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know much about Coach Warehime but I'm sure he's pretty good if Herman wants to bring him with. That said, I'm really sad to see Mattox go. What he did with our O-Line this season was nothing

Only a racist says what Brando said. Racists usually start their conversations by calling their target a racist. Strong was fired for his scoreboard record at UT and Brando knows it. 16 and 21 means y

Conspiracy Theory Alert!   Drayton coaches in Chicago. BevoBlake lives in Chicago.    Have Drayton and BevoBlake ever been seen together?

Posted Images

Yeah it really does seem to be affecting Bama, Ohio State etc etc..

Look, I'm not a Charlie Strong guy by any means. I was saying I'd seen enough last year even. It was time for him to go. But you can't compare the situations and rush to report at OSU/Bama to the situation at Texas. Any of their sites reporting "sources say Saban to be fired at year end" would be laughed off the internet. Whereas here they're taken seriously by not only fans, but these kids that are truly affected, because of the poor results on the field.

The only point I'm trying to make is that when things start going bad then I believe all the speculation and mixed reporting can impact the results on the field. It's human nature.

Edit: this was probably a 7 win team that was affected by outside grumblings. I still find that entirely unacceptable for two reason: 1) we should be better than a 7 win team in year three and 2) It's Strong's job to make sure the chatter doesn't affect focus. He failed

Listen the SMU and Memphis loss were gifts to us. If Houston was a one loss team there is a good chance they would be in a New Years bowl game and we would possibly have to wait until after bowl season.

Memphis helped us in the sense that it made the idea more attractive for him to leave while his stock was still up. Probably made negotiations more favorable for us.

What is everyones take on Corby Meekins? How good of recruiter is this guy?

He's a longtime Houston high school coach I think his ceiling could be to be to Houston as traylor was for east Texas. I just find it interesting that Herman is recruiting without a full staff, you have to think that maybe some of the guys he's targeting teams are still playing meaningful games. After watching some videos and talking to a couple of U of H football players, I'm sold on todd Orlando , I hope he would come be our DC

I'm so excited that we get a new coach and he's whole staff. I thought at one point it was decided that Charlie should have hired better assistants when he came now Herman is doing the exact same thing. This seems like the same song second verse. "Greatest recruiting staff ever, old college roomate as DC, brewster is coming..." This is a freaking nightmare. We've got 5 star recruits set to announce in December and our big news is extending offers to a 2018 and 2019?

I'm so excited that we get a new coach and he's whole staff. I thought at one point it was decided that Charlie should have hired better assistants when he came now Herman is doing the exact same thing. This seems like the same song second verse. "Greatest recruiting staff ever, old college roomate as DC, brewster is coming..." This is a freaking nightmare. We've got 5 star recruits set to announce in December and our big news is extending offers to a 2018 and 2019?

LMAO

I mean, you can probably step back and breathe a little bit. Its very normal for a coach to come in and offer future players. They're laying the groundwork for what kind of team they want to be and also establishing an early relationship with the top players of future classes. That's a very good thing. It doesn't take away from the 2017 class and I'm very much certain that our staff is not overlooking a single 5* recruit in this class.