Find results in...

***Official Update Thread***

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know much about Coach Warehime but I'm sure he's pretty good if Herman wants to bring him with. That said, I'm really sad to see Mattox go. What he did with our O-Line this season was nothing

Only a racist says what Brando said. Racists usually start their conversations by calling their target a racist. Strong was fired for his scoreboard record at UT and Brando knows it. 16 and 21 means y

Conspiracy Theory Alert!   Drayton coaches in Chicago. BevoBlake lives in Chicago.    Have Drayton and BevoBlake ever been seen together?

Posted Images

Just another excuse for the worst coach in Texas history. 16-21 LOST TO KANSAS..

I don't make excuses for people that make 5 million dollars a year to produce wins, I'm just saying that we are getting to a pretty low place when reporters report inaccurate news, it brings about unnecessary speculation and anticipation that isn't necessary at all. I want us to win just as bad as you do , I could care less who the coach is but to say that the chatter didn't affect the team is rather ridiculous

Just another excuse for the worst coach in Texas history. 16-21 LOST TO KANSAS..

Everyone, including strong CS supporters agreed after the last 2 games that it was time for him to move on. Here's what I find interesting, just because he neefed to go doesn't mean that outside forces didn't influence his departure. Those that were the biggest CS opponents can't seem to reason with that. They dismiss something as rational as dbook's comment, but in the same breath give Herman an excuse for losing to Memphis because his kids knew their coach was leaving? Wth..

Mike, I'm not saying its you, your comment just reminded me of that..

I don't make excuses for people that make 5 million dollars a year to produce wins, I'm just saying that we are getting to a pretty low place when reporters report inaccurate news, it brings about unnecessary speculation and anticipation that isn't necessary at all. I want us to win just as bad as you do , I could care less who the coach is but to say that the chatter didn't affect the team is rather ridiculous

I agree DBOOK! ESPECIALLY since that very same excuse (as far as rumors affecting play) was used regarding U of H taking it's loses...it is what it is tho

I agree DBOOK! ESPECIALLY since that very same excuse (as far as rumors affecting play) was used regarding U of H taking it's loses...it is what it is tho

You are exactly right and I honestly hadn't thought about that perspective yet, why does Herman get a pass and strong doesn't? Didn't he lose to SMU

And I'm not saying that Strong deserves a pass but cmon the double standard is real

I'm not sure it's an excuse - more of a statement of fact. I don't think it's a coincidence that UH fell to Memphis the day after "sources" indicated Herman to LSU was basically a done deal. Strong didn't play to his paper and he was rightfully held accountable. But I do think it's fair to question whether or not these Texas pay sites, in a rush to justify their fees, do more harm than good when it comes to the stability of the program and the product the fans see on the field.

I think it's quite ridiculous how there's no morality in journalism today, how in the hell do all of these Texas sites with all of these so called experts report things that simply aren't true, Charlie Strong is fired...... nevermind, Tim Brewster is coming..........nevermind. What ever happened to accountability ? I don't mean to vent but it's very frustrating when guys who cover something for a living are consistently wrong in the so called "facts" that they report. People care too much about getting to the story first than they care about getting the story right

It's as simple as this, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

You are exactly right and I honestly hadn't thought about that perspective yet, why does Herman get a pass and strong doesn't? Didn't he lose to SMU

And I'm not saying that Strong deserves a pass but cmon the double standard is real

Go 22-4 and, yes, you will get a pass. Go 16-21 and you won't get a pass. It's that simple.

If Herman goes 6-7, 5-7, 5-7, gets shutout by Iowa State, and gets beat by Kansas, this mysterious double standard you speak of will disappear.

Is anyone else seeing escaped HTML code in posts?

My toolbar on posts is missing too. I wonder if I screwed up a setting on my browser.

An example is below

*** Quote here *** 
LOL yeah

is being double encoded to

Did HornSports do an update today?

I'm not sure it's an excuse - more of a statement of fact. I don't think it's a coincidence that UH fell to Memphis the day after "sources" indicated Herman to LSU was basically a done deal. Strong didn't play to his paper and he was rightfully held accountable. But I do think it's fair to question whether or not these Texas pay sites, in a rush to justify their fees, do more harm than good when it comes to the stability of the program and the product the fans see on the field.

Burton's slam piece last year and Chip's consistent bs had me convinced long ago that those Texas paysites have agendas. I had already left HD and Orangebloods two years ago but I cancelled my subscription to 247 last year after the Burton piece.

Those guys have sources and those sources have motives. I trust HS to give me their unfiltered raw insight on what is happening and I leave the rest alone. Charlie needed to go due to failed production but I absolutely believe that the paysites were used in a manner to expedite that process.

Is anyone else seeing escaped HTML code in posts?

My toolbar on posts is missing too. I wonder if I screwed up a setting on my browser.

An example is below

*** Quote here *** 
LOL yeah

is being double encoded to

Did HornSports do an update today?
  Yes. Lot of stuff here not working/or missing.

I think it's quite ridiculous how there's no morality in journalism today, how in the hell do all of these Texas sites with all of these so called experts report things that simply aren't true, Charlie Strong is fired...... nevermind, Tim Brewster is coming..........nevermind. What ever happened to accountability ? I don't mean to vent but it's very frustrating when guys who cover something for a living are consistently wrong in the so called "facts" that they report. People care too much about getting to the story first than they care about getting the story right

Everybody wants to be the first to report something and the first to be in the know. Why do you think facebook, twitter are so popular? I don't care if the news is 2 minutes old or 2 days old. I just want the truth...I can handle it.

This is why I would never subscribe to a paysite.

Everybody wants to be the first to report something and the first to be in the know. Why do you think facebook, twitter are so popular? I don't care if the news is 2 minutes old or 2 days old. I just want the truth...I can handle it.

This is why I would never subscribe to a paysite.

@ChipBrown, and @KirkBohls

I think it's quite ridiculous how there's no morality in journalism today, how in the hell do all of these Texas sites with all of these so called experts

report things that simply aren't true, Charlie Strong is fired...... nevermind, Tim Brewster is coming..........nevermind. What ever happened to accountability ? I don't mean to vent but it's very frustrating when guys who cover something for a living are consistently wrong in the so called "facts" that they report. People care too much about getting to the story first than they care about getting the story right

I love Texas but everytime there is a coaching hire... "We got more money than the Vatican" and we can get _________, best in the country. Yet it never really happens.

Make no mistake about it there are delusional Texas fans and worse some with agendas.

You're the one with the agenda , all we are saying is Tom Herman gets a pass for losing to bad teams and I agree that Herman having success outweighs his losses and also that we looked poorly coached this year, it still evident that both strong and Herman lost to some bad teams this year.

Btw I like Herman a lot and wish him the best and think we will do well , especially since he will reclaim the state in recruiting. I root for the Texas Longhorns

You're the one with the agenda , all we are saying is Tom Herman gets a pass for losing to bad teams and I agree that Herman having success outweighs his losses and also that we looked poorly coached this year, it still evident that both strong and Herman lost to some bad teams this year.

Btw I like Herman a lot and wish him the best and think we will do well , especially since he will reclaim the state in recruiting. I root for the Texas Longhorns

Read somewhere that yes it's correct Brewster is in In Texas recruiting for FSU but he hasn't turned down the Texas offer from Herman yet

Yeah it really does seem to be affecting Bama, Ohio State etc etc..

Lol...

I'm on your side.

I agree with you on your point. If I recall your in the coaching profession so perfectly can see how rumors can cause problems. Distractions are distractions at the end of the day. All you have to do is look at Saban and Alabama and see how he controls the message to his players to make sure there are none.

Strong had a similar story line to Herman coming in.

1. Had a ring.

2. Success as a coordinator.

3. Turned a program around.

4. Great Recruiter

The only the exception...

Unless you had your head in the sand it was obvious from the beginning a lot of people were against Strong from the beginning.

At the end of the day he didn't win. Now we have a chance to see what Herman can do.