Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***Official Update Thread***

Lots of updates will be coming in the next week as Herman is introduced, builds his staff, and recruits. We are going to use this thread for all updates instead of a bunch of different ones.

Saturday 11:50 PM

Sources indicate Houston offensive line coach Derek Warehime will join Tom Herman in Austin. This was first reported by ESPN's Sam Khan Jr.

Sunday 10:50 AM

According to a report from Sam Khan Jr., Houston's director of football ops Fernando Lovo is most likely making his way to Austin. Not a huge surprise, but Houston strength coach Yancy McKnight is also expected to bring his entire strength staff.

Sunday 11:55

Herman flew to Austin today with Oscar Giles and Corby Meekins. Most expected Giles to be back, but Houston TE coach Corby Meekins is a bit of a surprise. Meekins, a former head coach at Spring Westfield high school was a huge help in getting Ed Oliver to Houston.

Sunday 4:30 PM

We confirmed with someone that CB/ST coordinator Jason Washington will join the staff.

Sunday 7PM

Press Conference just wrapped.  Herman said he would start on hiring a staff in the coming weeks, but we know that a lot of his Houston staff will be joining him.  I've talked to a couple of people tonight who feel that Tim Brewster is really close to coming on board.  We were told tonight to expect most of the Houston staff and Tim Brewster to join.  Still working on tracking down some OC info, because the stuff out there on Applewhite is mixed but mostly negative.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know much about Coach Warehime but I'm sure he's pretty good if Herman wants to bring him with. That said, I'm really sad to see Mattox go. What he did with our O-Line this season was nothing

Only a racist says what Brando said. Racists usually start their conversations by calling their target a racist. Strong was fired for his scoreboard record at UT and Brando knows it. 16 and 21 means y

Conspiracy Theory Alert!   Drayton coaches in Chicago. BevoBlake lives in Chicago.    Have Drayton and BevoBlake ever been seen together?

Posted Images

Posted this last night in the "Herman Staff" thread, but it goes here.

There is some noise that UH Director of Recruiting Derek Chang may be joining Herman's staff in Austin.

Would love to have some feedback from Roach, Seahorn and Bazer on this. Have y'all heard anything?

Also, there is a lot of buzz about Tim Brewster making a return to The 40.

Posted this last night in the "Herman Staff" thread, but it goes here.

There is some noise that UH Director of Recruiting Derek Chang may be joining Herman's staff in Austin.

Would love to have some feedback from Roach, Seahorn and Bazer on this. Have y'all heard anything?

Also, there is a lot of buzz about Tim Brewster making a return to The 40.

I will check on Chang. My UH contact has been quiet since the news broke. They would have solid insight.

Reports are out there that Oscar Giles and Corby Meekins were on the plane today with Herman. Looks like they are going to be joining him in Austin. Meekins is the former head coach at Westfield high school in Houston and played a huge role in landing Ed Oliver. 

Don't forget Oliver's brother was at Houston that played the biggest role. Also interesting that Meekins while at Westfield was big time anti Texas. Amazing how things change. LOL

Reports are out there that Oscar Giles and Corby Meekins were on the plane today with Herman. Looks like they are going to be joining him in Austin. Meekins is the former head coach at Westfield high school in Houston and played a huge role in landing Ed Oliver.

Isn't Meekins a TE coach? I assume that would shut the door on Brewster.