Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was also there during the multiple rape cases and I find it hard to believe the asst coaches were unaware of it.     So hell no.  Baylor can f@#k off as far as I am concerned and that includes th

The OC hire will be in name only. Herman will be calling the plays.  The DC hire is huge and Yes it looks like Tim Brewster will be back in Austin

here is herman's response.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2017/1/20/14338728/tom-herman-casey-horny-hire-defense-texas-longhorns

i wonder if the parents of recruits and potential recruits know about this hire and how it will affect, if at all, decisions they will make.  after reading this, i can say there was no vetting.  this guy is a personal friend and that is why he hired him.  one thing we know, herman carte blanche on the hiring.

Keeping Casey Horny on the staff is going to get tough and tougher to justify.

I just hope Horny doesn't have any undeleted tweets defending Kendall Briles as being such a great guy.

The lawsuit describes a culture of sexual violence within Baylor's athletics, in which the school implemented a "show 'em a good time" policy that "used sex to sell" the football program to recruits. A Dallas-area high school athlete, according to the suit, said former assistant coach Kendall Briles once asked him, "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

UT needs to be as far away from all of this as possible. Instead, Herman hires an apologist for all this onto his staff.

Tom, wake up.

New Baylor lawsuit cites 52 rapes by football players in 4 years, amid 'show 'em a good time' culture

A Baylor University graduate who says she was raped by two football players in 2013 sued the university Friday. Her lawsuit includes an allegation that 31 Baylor football players committed 52 acts of rape, including five gang rapes, between 2011 and 2014 -- an estimate that far exceeds the number previously provided by school regents.

The woman, identified in the suit as Elizabeth Doe, reports being brutally gang raped by then-Baylor football players Tre'Von Armstead and Shamycheal Chatman after a party on April 18, 2013.

Those football players were previously named as suspects in a police report about a rape on that date, but were never charged.

The woman has sued Baylor for Title IX violations and negligence.

She says that Chatman was accused of rape once before and the university failed to intervene. In that case, the suit says, a student athletic trainer reported that Chatman raped her at his off-campus apartment, so the university moved the trainer to a female sports team and agreed to pay for her education in exchange for a non-disclosure agreement.

The lawsuit describes a culture of sexual violence within Baylor's athletics, in which the school implemented a "show 'em a good time" policy that "used sex to sell" the football program to recruits. A Dallas-area high school athlete, according to the suit, said former assistant coach Kendall Briles once asked him, "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

Investigation by lawyers identified at least 52 "acts of rape," including five gang rapes, by 31 football players from 2011 to 2014. At least two of the gang rapes were committed by 10 or more players at one time, the suit states.

This contrasts with figures Baylor officials have provided after the Pennsylvania-based law firm Pepper Hamilton conducted an investigation into how the university handled sexual assault. Regents told The Wall Street Journal in October that they were aware of 17 women who reported sexual or domestic assaults involving 19 players, including four alleged gang rapes, since 2011.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/baylo...layers-4-years

I don't think anyone is actively attempting to justify maintaining Casey Horny on the staff. I don't think it's the least bit in question. And I don't see him actively apologizing for anyone or anything.

UT isn't involved in this and there's no threat that it ever could be involved in this.

I don't think anyone is actively attempting to justify maintaining Casey Horny on the staff. I don't think it's the least bit in question. And I don't see him actively apologizing for anyone or anything.

UT isn't involved in this and there's no threat that it ever could be involved in this.

As long as Casey Horny wants to publicly state Art Briles was the only real victim in what happened at Baylor, how can you support Perrin, Herman or Horny?

Casey Horny has yet to state what happened on the Baylor campus was wrong, let alone horrific.

UT is very much involved with this as long as they stand in unabashed support of both Casey Horny and his disgusting support of Art Briles.

If Tom Herman wants to pass along to the UT football team that Art Briles was the real victim in what happened at Baylor, F@#k him. He should be fired today. That Herman has someone on his staff who believes Art Briles was the only true victim of the Baylor rape culture is as bad as Herman himself passing along the sick and twisted values of Casey Horny.

UT Austin does not need to be a scumbag program. We do not need scumbags on the coaching staff. We should be better than Casey Horny and Tom Herman.