Baylor OC Kendal Briles in the news

I wish there were not so many articles taken from twitter posted on here. I can't see the article. I don't tweet. I never will. Info posted on here should be whole and not require someone to sign in or join another social media link. (I'm not social and I really don't like people that much anyway. :P )  

I wish there were not so many articles taken from twitter posted on here. I can't see the article. I don't tweet. I never will. Info posted on here should be whole and not require someone to sign in or join another social media link. (I'm not social and I really don't like people that much anyway. :P )  

I agree with you dillohorn.  Even if you go on tweeter, the amount of time that it takes to get any real information makes it a real waste of time.

I had the same problem and no one here came up with a solution that I know of.  As a browser, I use Waterfox, which is the 64 bit version of Firefox,  I also have Google Chrome on my desktop.  One day, something someone sent me popped up in Chrome.  I subsequently browsed over to this website in Chrome and, lo and behold, the tweeter posts not only showed properly, but if you click on them, Chrome will take you to the tweeter thread which you can actually read.

The problem is with either the software used to host this website or the software used to put together this website.  The problem is not with Firefox.  I go to websites that behave properly with regards to tweeter on Firefox all of the time.  For example, Bleacher Report relies heavily on tweeter and works just fine, no matter which browser.

Everything, I have mentioned above is contingent on using a computer with a Windows operating system, not a cell phone.  I do not use my cell phone for browsing unless I am forced to when I am traveling. 

And furthermore, I too, am not social, and I, too, do not like many people.  ;)

I agree with you dillohorn.  Even if you go on tweeter, the amount of time that it takes to get any real information makes it a real waste of time.

I had the same problem and no one here came up with a solution that I know of.  As a browser, I use Waterfox, which is the 64 bit version of Firefox,  I also have Google Chrome on my desktop.  One day, something someone sent me popped up in Chrome.  I subsequently browsed over to this website in Chrome and, lo and behold, the tweeter posts not only showed properly, but if you click on them, Chrome will take you to the tweeter thread which you can actually read.

The problem is with either the software used to host this website or the software used to put together this website.  The problem is not with Firefox.  I go to websites that behave properly with regards to tweeter on Firefox all of the time.  For example, Bleacher Report relies heavily on tweeter and works just fine, no matter which browser.

Everything, I have mentioned above is contingent on using a computer with a Windows operating system, not a cell phone.  I do not use my cell phone for browsing unless I am forced to when I am traveling. 

And furthermore, I too, am not social, and I, too, do not like many people.   ;)

Thanks for the information B R.

I wish there were not so many articles taken from twitter posted on here. I can't see the article. I don't tweet. I never will. Info posted on here should be whole and not require someone to sign in or join another social media link. (I'm not social and I really don't like people that much anyway. :P )

If you click on the link and not the actual tweet, it takes you directly to the article. I didn't know it was such a pain though, I'll talk to Mike

• 2 months later...

And Tom Herman has an unavowed apologist for Art Briles and the Baylor culture of rape on his staff.

Why?

Why is UT Austin making such stupid, second rate decisions that emanate from the the office of the Head Football Coach?

Aren't we supposed to be better than this?

RD, please. Compared to what Baylor is dealing with, this is not a real problem.

Aren't we supposed to forgive a repentant brother? And what possible problem could this cause? If you're looking for issues, look at why we had to let go of some coaches because they were about to go down the NCAA tubes. Take a gander in the rearview mirror if you want to get bothered.

RD, please. Compared to what Baylor is dealing with, this is not a real problem.

Aren't we supposed to forgive a repentant brother? And what possible problem could this cause? If you're looking for issues, look at why we had to let go of some coaches because they were about to go down the NCAA tubes. Take a gander in the rearview mirror if you want to get bothered.

If Casey Horny has made any attempt at disavowing his support for Art Briles and the Baylor program there may be an argument for forgiveness of what was a revelation of Casey Horny's horrific judgement.

But Casey Horny has never disavowed his support of Art Briles, has never said that rape is abhorrent or stated any coach who looked askance at the activities being alleged should never again be allowed to set foot on a college campus.

Casey Horny is an unabashed apologist for Art Briles. He feels what Art Briles did was honorable and he has given every indication he will pass along his sick, twisted and disgusting system of values to the student athletes on the UT Austin campus. 

F@#k Casey Horny and his disgusting attitude toward violence against women perpetuated by student athletes.

How can you honestly support retaining a coach who had no problem with 52 assaults, five gang rapes and a coordinator who pimped out female undergrads as a recruiting tactic?

I honestly can't even believe there are people associated with UT athletics who defend scumbags of this level.

Casey Horny is an unavowed apologist for someone who perpetuated a horrific level of violence against females. That scumbag is on the UT campus.

NO!

That Mike Perrin would even consider turning UT into a scumbag program over a disgusting "quality control" coach is unbelievable.

Come to think of it RD, I've never heard you say "rape is abhorrent." Maybe we should kick you off the board for supporting the Baylor sex assaults?

LOL, yes, it's that crazy. This issue lives inside your brain about a thousand times larger than it does in anyone else's brain. Hence your lack of traction here. 

All Horny has to do is please Herman. Beyond that, you're making this up as you go along. lol

Come to think of it RD, I've never heard you say "rape is abhorrent." Maybe we should kick you off the board for supporting the Baylor sex assaults?

LOL, yes, it's that crazy. This issue lives inside your brain about a thousand times larger than it does in anyone else's brain. Hence your lack of traction here. 

All Horny has to do is please Herman. Beyond that, you're making this up as you go along. lol

Have you ever heard me say Art Briles is the only victim in the whole Baylor rape debacle?

I've never said overtly stated burning Jews in ovens was unconscionable, but I also never publicly stated what a great guy Adolph Hitler was.

Casey Horny is an unabashed apologist for Art Briles and is on record claiming Art Briles was the true victim of the Baylor rape scandal (#truthdontlie). He has no business being allowed on any college campus.

UT Austin doesn't need to run a scumbag football program.

Hiring apologists for coaches who perpetuated a culture of rape in order to win a few more football games is abhorrent.

I cannot believe Mike Perrin has signed on to allowing Tom Herman to run a scumbag program in order to win a few more football games each year. This is beyond embarrassing.

RD, surely you're just a few too far along this evening.

I once worked for a guy that I thought was an upstanding guy. I was a grunt reporter, a year out of college. Being the low man on the newsroom totem pole, I was given the police beat. This included all law enforcement agencies in our area and their activities.

So one night I get a call from my county sheriff's dept contact. Tells me to get to such and such address on the hurry. Huge drug bust going down. So I grab my camera and notepad and head out. I get there. I talk to my contact. Several of them look at me in a strange way. I have no idea why.

That is until one of them pulled me aside and asked if my boss knew I was there. I said "he knows I have to go out on police calls, but no, he doesn't know where I am right now" . . . . . "why?" . . . . . He said "because the house we raided tonight is your boss's house. There's a meth lab inside."

Until that point, I had spoken highly of my boss. To my knowledge, he was a good guy. I guess since that wasn't the case after all, I'm some sort of meth head in your eyes or drug apologist.

The very same "unabashed" BS you throw around with Casey Horny could also be done to me with that case. You're on a hate campaign, let's face it. Thats why you hear crickets in here right now.

Casey Horny was on the Baylor campus for nine years, and he is claiming he had no knowledge of the culture of the football team. Even after information regarding seventeen assaults involving nineteen players and at least four gang rapes Casey Horny publicly came out in support of Briles and asserted Briles was the true victim. Which is it, does Horny know what happened or does Horny know nothing?

At best, Horny is a clueless idiot with a horrible sense of judgement. At worst, he knows just how disgusting the Baylor rape culture was. Either way, he has no business being associated with UT athletics.

If Horny is unwilling to clarify his earlier support of Briles and his insistence Briles was the true victim, why is Horny still being allowed to be associated with UT athletics? Horny has not interest in disassociating himself with his previous claims Briles is the victim. And we all know Art Briles is not the victim in the Baylor rape scandal.

F@#K Casey Horny. He is a scumbag. His refusal to speak out publicly concerning the culture of violence against women he previously so publicly spoke out in support of is reprehensible. Tom Herman's public support of such a disgusting individual is an embarrassment to UT. This will get far worse in short order. F@#K Tom Herman for bringing a rape apologist on the UT campus. UT does not have to become a scumbag program to be competitive.