Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Breckyn Hager: Texas Defense "Wants to Injure" Texas Tech Quarterback

Harrison Wier

Harrison, in fairness, I don't believe Breckyn said quite what was quoted. He was asked another question about the 700+ yards put up by Oklahoma and Tech, and asked what he thought. He made an offhand remark about it and shrugged.

I honestly think it's a shame these students have to sit around for a PC when they already have enough demands on their time. I listened to the entire thing. Honestly, if the reporters cannot come up with better questions, they should let the guys go home. They asked most of the guys the same questions, including one about their favorite Halloween costume. The reporters may want the players to stay, but the players probably have better things to do with their time.

Breckyn made a poorly chosen remark, but from now on he probably won't speak to the press or will give canned answers.

I agree. Like I said, I don't think he meant it in that way. However, he still said it. 

"but also thought it was only a matter of time before he said something that wasn't too intellectual. "

Why is that???

Because with guys like Hager, they say what they want, when they want. I personally like that type of mentality. In the media though, it does not take much to get yourself into trouble if you have that personality. Unfortunately that is what happened to Breckyn.

Because with guys like Hager, they say what they want, when they want. I personally like that type of mentality. In the media though, it does not take much to get yourself into trouble if you have that personality. Unfortunately that is what happened to Breckyn.

Too bad so many people really care about what the press thinks.

Too bad so many people really care about what the press thinks.

It's unfortunate, but it's what comes with playing at a big time program comes with in today's world. Every player at a big time program knows what they are supposed to say. Nobody likes dealing with the media from a player/coach perspective, but it's part of the job.