Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watching Bama and Aggy

dillohorn

I think Charlie's greatness as a Defensive Coordinator as been greatly exagerrated or it has been so many years that the new offenses that teams run now are past his knowledge level. I just have not seen anything since he has been here that shows or even hints of signs that he knows how to Coach defense. 

What pisses me off is that kstate did nothing exotic or complex..they beat the defense with quick throws to the sideline using 3 recievers 2 block 1 catches the damn ball..our dbs were never given any adjustments to defend that play. One db was lined up head to head with a wr the other two dbs played 7-8 yds back from the los..easy throw and catch for 6-9 yds every time..wheres the staff? That could have been shutdown quick...then the other killer was the qb runs...dline keep losing contain over and over again...ends constantly crashing in and down the LOS losing sight of the qb...interior line also kept pushing right past the qb allowing ertz to run for 10-15 yds especially on 3rd downs...seems like coaches were desperate to get a sack or create a turnover...think that it would have been better to hold the LOS and make ertz throw and not run..horns played right into kst game plan...it was super hard to watch what was happening...coaches need to improve coaching and the kids to be smarter and play loose.Its supposed to be fun to play football ...nobody looks happy right now players,coaches,fans ...it will be extremely difficult to get back up but it can be done..dosent look like it will be this yr...too bad wasted talent...wasted year..but Im a longhorn life long longhorn fan..this wont change that for me. Hook'em baby!!