Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watching Bama and Aggy

dillohorn

The Bama twirlers are pretty sweet to watch dancing in the stands, prop to the camera man for showing them constantly. Myles Garrett is a stud and he will be in the NFL next year (I believe he's a JR). Mack, #5 the defensive lineman, didn't impress me much. He seemed slow off the ball but I admit I didn't watch the whole game or even half of it. Did I mention the Bama twirlers?  ;)

Pete Carroll? Ironic I know but why not. Guy has college and pro rings. I don't care who it is as long as they can make shit competitive again. The national media and Texas kids want us to be relevant again, look how stupid the nation got after we beat ND.

Just get a good coach and we will make them famous with the talent that our program can lure

We talk about the talent we have..... But I even begin to wonder if that is true. Malik was actually benched for a while yesterday. When I saw the QB run right past him yesterday without even a try from an unblocked Malik, I decided then and there I had been sold a bill of goods. Malik will go u drafted because of his total lack of effort.

We talk about the talent we have..... But I even begin to wonder if that is true. Malik was actually benched for a while yesterday. When I saw the QB run right past him yesterday without even a try from an unblocked Malik, I decided then and there I had been sold a bill of goods. Malik will go u drafted because of his total lack of effort.

I posted last week that Malik was the most overrated player in recent Texas history.  He has the tools but either he has bathed in the "savior" waters for too long and has pruned skin.

Either way he isn't making the disruptive plays a Daryl Johnson or Tony Brackens used to make.

I read that during the install, no one worked with last year's starters, either the linebackers or the secondary.  It's difficult to believe, but Malik isn't playing his natural position, so someone needs to work with him.

I am of the opinion that Charlie felt so much pressure and his off-season defensive hires were so bad, that he and a few coaches took on an enormous load.  He and BJM must have taken on most of the defensive responsibilities.  Brick probably did coach the DL almost exclusively.  There is no way that two men can do a good job of coaching almost the entire defense.  Every time I see a spot on Alabama they are discussing another hire Saban made.

Don't any of you think it's strange that, under intense pressure, Strong has benched Hill, Davis, Jefferson, and Wheeler?  I do, and I think it's a form of throwing your players under the bus.  It's the first thing he has done that has really disappointed me.  I know Malik wasn't making plays, but he was blocked from many of them by a more prepared team.

I really don't think that our defensive staff, including Strong, was prepared for K-State.  I think they overlooked K-State and began preparing for Baylor, and it really pisses me off.  We weren't prepared, and it falls on him.