Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Harrison Wier

Thursday Chat: All Questions Welcome

Good morning, folks!

What's on your mind today? I have some thoughts for you. 

D'onta Foreman should have a field day against Iowa State. The Cyclones rank 119th/128 in total rushing defense. The game plan for Sterlin Gilbert should be quite simple.

Speaking of Foreman, he is on pace for a historical season. He has over 500 yards rushing through 4 games (missed UTEP), and is averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Earl Campbell's best average YPC in a season? 5.8. 

In terms of defense, Texas ranks 80th in total efficiency, whereas the Cyclones come in at 112th. Unfortunately, Texas did not stop Joel Lanning last year in Ames, and he is posting quite a solid 2016 campaign. Lanning has thrown for over 1,000 yards, with 9 TD and 3 INT. Allen Lazard and Trever Ryen are the keys to this game. If they are alllowed to break free for big gains by the Texas defense, this one could slip away from the Longhorns. Mike Warren has been pretty nonexistent this season, but that could change Saturday if Texas does not game plan to stop the run properly. 

If Charlie Strong loses this game, is he fired by Monday morning? As always, all questions welcome. Let me know how you're feeling about Saturday!

Good morning, folks!

D'onta Foreman should have a field day against Iowa State. The Cyclones rank 119th/128 in total rushing defense. The game plan for Sterlin Gilbert should be quite simple.

Speaking of Foreman, he is on pace for a historical season. He has over 500 yards rushing through 4 games (missed UTEP), and is averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Earl Campbell's best average YPC in a season? 5.8.

In terms of defense, Texas ranks 80th in total efficiency, whereas the Cyclones come in at 112th. Unfortunately, Texas did not stop Joel Lanning last year in Ames, and he is posting quite a solid 2016 campaign. Lanning has thrown for over 1,000 yards, with 9 TD and 3 INT. Allen Lazard and Trever Ryen are the keys to this game. If they are alllowed to break free for big gains by the Texas defense, this one could slip away from the Longhorns. Mike Warren has been pretty nonexistent this season, but that could change Saturday if Texas does not game plan to stop the run properly.

If Charlie Strong loses this game, is he fired by Monday morning? As always, all questions welcome. Let me know how you're feeling about Saturday!

apathetic.

And I've come to the conclusion there is no level of humiliation that will prevent Charlie from finishing the season. And I really don't have a problem with that.

I do have a problem that my gut is telling me that 6/6 and bowl eligibility gives CS 2017.

apathetic.

And I've come to the conclusion there is no level of humiliation that will prevent Charlie from finishing the season. And I really don't have a problem with that.

I do have a problem that my gut is telling me that 6/6 and bowl eligibility gives CS 2017.

Based on what I've heard I'd be very surprised if that happened, but the university rarely fails to surprise me.

While idont mind the BJM getting promoted isn't part if Charlie's problem having such a small circle of coaches he trust or does it just seem that way because of how Patterson cut off at the knee Charlie with his Staff from the Jump?

If We go 6 & 6 and Strong is back we must accept that the current administration has no interest in having a winning football program. We will be the new Vanderbilt. 

On a another thought I wonder how long fans will continue to pay the big LHF donations and high season ticket prices. I might have to take a hard look it at myself because if the administration is not committed to being elite what's the point?

If We go 6 & 6 and Strong is back we must accept that the current administration has no interest in having a winning football program. We will be the new Vanderbilt.

On a another thought I wonder how long fans will continue to pay the big LHF donations and high season ticket prices. I might have to take a hard look it at myself because if the administration is not committed to being an elite what's the point?

That's a fair view, and one I imagine many have.

Harrison, do you think we have the talent on defense or are all the recruits overrated? I am tired of hearing the "they are young" excuse. In your opinion is it scheme or just bad play?

I think the talent is there but there's been a shocking lack in player development (a strong trait) and the players just don't have much confidence

apathetic.

Getting to a bowl definitely saves Charlie.

And my gut is telling me that Charlie is back no matter the record.

While idont mind the BJM getting promoted isn't part if Charlie's problem having such a small circle of coaches he trust or does it just seem that way because of how Patterson cut off at the knee Charlie with his Staff from the Jump?

Exactly how did Patterson cut Charlie off at the knees with his staff?

Good morning, folks!

Charlie will not be fired during the season. And you can take that to the bank. 

And it's highly doubtful that he will be fired at the end of the year. No matter the record.