Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update on Kobe Boyce

Mike Roach

A report came out on an OU site that Boyce was close to recommitting. I spoke to Kobe and his skills trainer last night. First off Kobe is still committed and no decision has been made. That said, this isn't the first time Kobe looked around. When Boyce took his OU official visit he really came away more comfortable with a smaller, "college" town. Texas is also battling some negative recruiting from the Oklahoma side, and frankly there isn't much they can do to counter it right now. We will watch this one closely.

I want to go on record that I think CS should get year #4 . He should be Forced to fire Bedford and (as we did last year-help him hire an OC ) help him hire a DC ! Let his coaches coach and watch what happened---The guy Can Recruit and he does have principles !! Just my thoughts ??

The right guy to be the head coach won't need alumni, the AD or anyone else to tell him who to fire, who to hire, who to recruit or what play to run.

The right guy will know how to do his job without others looking over his shoulder and without being told how to do his job.

If Charlie Strong needs to be told what to do, he isn't the right guy for the job.

I'm not confident Charlie knows how right the ship. Not even a little bit confident.

The right guy to be the head coach won't need alumni, the AD or anyone else to tell him who to fire, who to hire, who to recruit or what play to run.

The right guy will know how to do his job without others looking over his shoulder and without being told how to do his job.

If Charlie Strong needs to be told what to do, he isn't the right guy for the job.

I'm not confident Charlie knows how right the ship. Not even a little bit confident.

Just hire an Human Resource guy to do the hiring of position coaches. A head coach is no longer needed if he can't coach. Save a lot of $ too. 

I want to go on record that I think CS should get year #4 . He should be Forced to fire Bedford and (as we did last year-help him hire an OC ) help him hire a DC ! Let his coaches coach and watch what happened---The guy Can Recruit and he does have principles !! Just my thoughts ??

I am amazed at how many people, on this board and others, believe we should have a HEAD COACH but force him to fire/hire certain assistant coaches.   That is what this has become.

Here is an idea.  How about hire a head coach that can evaluate assistant coaches properly and make the right hires!!  

What a concept!  Woah...Mind blown.