Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Motor Speedway - Horns v. aggy

longhorn_mig

Having worked at TMS for Nascar events, I just don't see how anyone involved would enjoy this scenario.  I see an abundance of issues with the facility and it's ability to host a football game:

1.  Many of the infield structures (garages, media center, scoring tower,etc) are permanent structures that would have to be worked around to put the field in.  How could this work and not obstruct views of those in attendance?

2.  The facilities are dated and there isn't anywhere that I've been that would accommodate locker room facilities for the teams.  

3.  Seating itself wouldn't be a good experience for attendees.  Even the best seats would probably be 100+ yards from the action.  

I miss the annual meeting between the Horns and Aggy, however, this is not a good idea in my mind.  You have to hand it to TMS though, coming up with new ways to generate revenue since they aren't making near as much money in recent years because of the attendance decline at racing events.

I believe the idea of the rivalry is actually better than the reality.  This game seldom meant much of anything at the end of the season as both teams were rarely great at the same time.  The next time UT plays A&M it should be in a playoff game.  Have no desire to play them under any other scenario, including some knock off bowl game for ratings purposes.  

I believe the idea of the rivalry is actually better than the reality.  This game seldom meant much of anything at the end of the season as both teams were rarely great at the same time.  The next time UT plays A&M it should be in a playoff game.  Have no desire to play them under any other scenario, including some knock off bowl game for ratings purposes.  

aggy and the SEC have already declined "knock-off bowl games for ratings purposes" twice. Gotta protect that SEC myth. aggy is all false bravado.

F 'em