Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I like Vance but.....

Sorry for the miserable travels Dillohorn.. I really thought the team had turned the corner.

I'm sorry for the misleading post about a long trip home. What I meant was the team was going to have a long trip home. Thank God I didn't travel myself. It was a miserable enough night at home in front of the TV. I'm surprised my TV survived.

I like Vance, and I like Charlie, but I expected a whole lot more by year 3.  We at Texas seem to love our Defensive Coordinators and turn on our Offensive Coordinators quickly.  It is amazing to me that last years defense put up the numbers that it did (I heard it was the worst defense in school history statistically), and the only change made was to fire someone for a cheating scandal at another school.  The defense had its best season by far under Strong during his very first year - with 100% of the players being Mack Brown recruits.   At that point I thought we could take rest that the defense was taken care of but the offense needed fixed.  But defense has steadily gotten worse... arguably just as bad as the offense last season - but they retain their jobs while offense has been completely turned over. 

Now it seems that every time we play another power 5 team, the over under on points we will surrender should be set at 50 and the over under on plays they will run before their first score should be 5.  Maybe our school President and Athletic Director can get on a plane and hire us a defensive coordinator who can get off the field after a third and long?  Or maybe they could put their heads together and come to the conclusion that WE shouldn't have to do this and realize that someone else maybe should be held accountable? 

We are not young.... I agree that this excuse gets tired during the third year that it is used. 

I'm afraid the pass happy Big 12 is going to give us problems all season.... Afraid he will become the scape goat before season is over. Must remember.... Still very young!

I'm not afraid he will be the SG. What has this guy done in the years he has been here? As a DC what are his numbers? They are not worthy of a mediocre DC. Go and review them. This was DBU at a point. Now it's DB pewwww.... What a joke. I don't know why CS has an allegiance to this guy. VB needs to be demoted to water boy.....

I'm not afraid he will be the SG. What has this guy done in the years he has been here? As a DC what are his numbers? They are not worthy of a mediocre DC. Go and review them. This was DBU at a point. Now it's DB pewwww.... What a joke. I don't know why CS has an allegiance to this guy. VB needs to be demoted to water boy

Last year's defense was worse statistically than anything John Macovick ran out there.  Let that sink in for a moment.....

I'm not as worried about Vance being the SG as I am the real issue not being addressed.  CS's initial coaching staff at Texas is, by necessity, being removed person by person.  So, what is the real problem here?  Is it the coaches?  Yes and no.  He held Watson over after a season of the most inept offense I have ever seen at Texas and he was removed after a game into the next season.  Now our defensive staff was held over after one of the most inept performances I have ever seen (I still rank the Diaz fiasco beneath last year), and it looks like the same remedy is in order. 

Who should ultimately be accountable for bringing in all of these coaches that need to be removed because their units are not performing?   

I still do not understand why CS did not retain Akina.

I get it that CS wanted his guys, but from my viewpoint Akina was a very good DB coach for Texas. His string of Thorpe winners and NFL caliber DBs is almost unprecedented.

I would not view Bedford as a scapegoat. Look at the Defensive stats this year and last. Last year I get it, no offense and the D too long on the field.

This year that's not the case.

The fact that it's the D that needs improvement is somewhat encouraging to me.

CS knows defense. He will not tolerate mediocre play.

The previous off season and start of last year Watson was able to baffle CS with BS.

Bedford won't be able to. Just my $.02.

Last year's defense was worse statistically than anything John Macovick ran out there. Let that sink in for a moment.....

I'm not as worried about Vance being the SG as I am the real issue not being addressed. CS's initial coaching staff at Texas is, by necessity, being removed person by person. So, what is the real problem here? Is it the coaches? Yes and no. He held Watson over after a season of the most inept offense I have ever seen at Texas and he was removed after a game into the next season. Now our defensive staff was held over after one of the most inept performances I have ever seen (I still rank the Diaz fiasco beneath last year), and it looks like the same remedy is in order.

Who should ultimately be accountable for bringing in all of these coaches that need to be removed because their units are not performing?

Of course CS is the one who brought these coaches in. He did right by letting Watson go. Can't explain why he held onto VB. Clearly VB is not the guy here. Some how CS feels he has an allegiance to VB. Maybe it's because he is an ex UT player...I don't know. But if he does not make a move on VB he is digging his own hole. I believe BJ is going to play a much larger role on the defensive side of the ball. We'll have to wait and see if this bares fruit.