Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This game makes me nervous!

mctmatt

Something about this game playing late at night and first away game of the season . This is the type of game that has the word TRAP all over it. The Cali fan base and team  will be fired up and I just worry that we will come out and not play flat on both sides of the ball. I think we should win this game by 10 points but I feel we will be lucky if we steal a victory a point or FG.  This game just seems like a perfect trap game for these young horns. 

We're going to be able to get good pressure on Davis Webb. If San Diego State can do it with their personnel, then we're going to go off on the dude.

As someone else mentioned earlier in another thread, Webb will make mistakes when he's pressured. He'll throw picks and with our secondary speed, I can see a defensive TD coming in this game. Cal's OL is way inconsistent and out of sync so far this season.

This would be a difficult game for them to suddenly become something that so far they haven't been.

As for their defense, we should be able to have our way. They don't tackle well although they do pursue well. The backs they've seen so far have been small scat back types. Nothing like they'll see Saturday night.

It would not surprise me to see Cal put together one or two good drives and score. But it also would not surprise me if we shut them out.

I'm not as concerned with this game as I was the last.

This is our first road game. It will be new and it will be all business. Teams tend to be more focused on the road.

Plus, Cal really sucks. 

You know who really sucked last year? Iowa State. 

Just putting that riiiiiiiiight here.  :D

But seriously, every week in college football is different but Texas knows they should have won this game last year and they didn't. Same with Oklahoma State. They'll be ready but anything can happen. 

You know who really sucked last year? Iowa State.

Just putting that riiiiiiiiight here. :D

But seriously, every week in college football is different but Texas knows they should have won this game last year and they didn't. Same with Oklahoma State. They'll be ready but anything can happen.

Every thread has it's Debbie Downer... lol

I think we may come out a little flat with the late kickoff, but think we hit our stride in the 2nd quarter and win comfortably.