Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

franchise_quest_new.jpg

“HORN†In On Franchise / Business Ownership

…a monthly post with blurbs, links, and other words-of-wisdom

regarding self-employment; career transition;

and franchise / business ownership;

as well as information for business owners

who may be interested in franchising their business.

Pleasure Before Business...

The Ball Is On The Tee  

My Chin Strap Is Snapped

I’m Ready…  I Feel Good… I Feel Strong… I’m Virile…Ready… 

And A Victory Over ND Would Be An Excellent Kick-Off To 

My 43rd Year As A Season Ticket Holder.   So, Football God, Please Ride With The Horns Sunday Night.

Kinda strange opening the season on a Sunday.  But, Horns and Golden Domers will have center stage…no NFL…no college…only game in town…I sure hope Horns’ fans turn-out and have DKR rockin…

Get Your Game Face On….   Video: Born For This - Texas Football 2016

SEPTEMBER 2016

ENTREPRENEURSHIP

Is Living A Few Years Of Your

Life Like Most People Won’t,

So That You Can Spend The

Rest Of Your Life Like

Most People Can’t.

-Unknown-

Small Business Success: Am I An Entrepreneur?

For many, the one thing holding them back from pursuing their dream of small business ownership is the fear they don’t have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Having helped over 11,000 people open small businesses, Guidant can attest to the fact that individuals of all backgrounds and personalities can and do make great entrepreneurs.

What does it take to be an entrepreneur? You may be asking yourself this question if you’re considering opening your own business. Fortunately, diversity is key on Main Street and there isn’t one specific personality type or set of skills that make an entrepreneur great. If you’re hoping to find out if small business ownership is right for you, Guidant CEO, David Nilssen, explains how anyone can be an entrepreneur and shares the three common characteristics that help small business owners succeed.

David Nilssen:  As I travel the country talking to people about small business ownership, one of the most common questions I’m asked is, “How do I know if I’m an entrepreneur?†I think that’s a question that many people ask themselves over their lifetime, but very few people take the action necessary to understand whether it’s true or not.

My personal belief is that anyone can be an entrepreneur. There have been a lot of articles and videos that have been created over time that define the common characteristics of an entrepreneur. The reality is, most of the entrepreneurs that I know are very, very different, but I would say that there are three common characteristics that have helped them be successful over time.

The first is a thirst for learning. An intellectual curiosity as the business throws its challenges, and as obstacles appear, the ability to overcome them by seeking knowledge.

The second is resilience. One of my favorite quotes from Mike Tyson is “everyone has got a plan until they get punched in the face.† And it’s true about business too. We create these business plans and we put them into work — the question is what do we do when we find out that once we wrote the business plan it was wrong. Do we get back up and fight the good fight? Do we recover quickly? It’s all about resilience.

And then the last is simply, discipline. The greatest football teams in the world don’t win constantly because of one great play. They win because they are willing to do the blocking and tackling necessary, and attacking each game with fervor to win the ball game ultimately. The same thing is true for an entrepreneur. While we get distracted by the shiny new toy, the most important thing that we can do is to focus on those things that are important and not urgent.

The last I would just say, fear in general is something that every entrepreneur feels, and it’s not something we should worry about if it’s there. That fear of mediocrity, that fear of failing, that’s a powerful motivator for a small business, and quite frankly if you embrace it, it could be what makes you great.

************************************************************************************************

Fears that Drown Dreams… It’s Not The Right Time

While there are certainly legitimate reasons why a person may not become a business owner, I will highlight a few of the primary reasons cited by people who say they would like to own a business, but haven’t made the leap.  I will also offer some thoughts on how to overcome the fear and progress towards the dream…the independence, freedom, and improved work-life that is often enjoyed by business owners.

It’s Not the Right Time…â€As soon as the mortgage is paid; as soon as the kids are through college; as soon as I get my buyout at work; as soon as I learn everything there is to know about it; as soon as 2 + 2+ 2 = 4.  As soon as I am absolutely sure that this venture will have zero risk and my success is guaranteed.† These thoughts are absolutely paralyzing and debilitating.  They are very real thoughts, and most are legitimate thoughts.  But none-the-less, they are only thoughts and not reality, and do impede forward progress.

I would like to share a quote from Goethe that seems to strike at the very heart of this issue:  “There is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless splendid plans-that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.  All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred.  A whole stream of events issue from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would come his way.  Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius and magic in it.  Begin it now.â€

Nike has made the slogan, “Just Do It†famous.  That attitude doesn’t suit everyone, but perhaps it should.  I believe it DOES characterize those successful people we aspire to be like.  The point is that the time to act is very likely now, when the opportunity is present, as opposed to some ill-defined “when…then I will…â€

Stated another way by Marsha Sinetar, “Intentions count as nothing if we do not translate them into action.â€

Are you going to sit on the sideline and watch opportunity pass you by, or take positive steps towards the dream…the independence, freedom, and improved work-life that is often enjoyed by business owners?

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.

Would this scenario be of interest and value to you…a process where you receive assistance to help you better identify your goals, financial requirements, lifestyle needs and what you would like for your work-life to look like; then provided information on self-employment options and guidance on exploring these opportunities within the confines of a supportive, educational and no-obligation environment?   

Using a Franchise Coach

Have a job you don’t like?  Seek other employment…I call that “Changing Your Curtainsâ€.  Perhaps, you prefer a bolder approach which may provide a new and invigorating work-life…I refer to that as “Changing Your Viewâ€.  In 2001, I decided to “Change My Viewâ€.  If you are ready…Let’s Talk.  I can help you “Change Your View†too…

***************************************************************************************************

Coming Soon... The Opportunity To Join Redd's Barbershop As A Franchise Partner...

You live / work in Austin... I encourage you to visit Redd’s Barbershop and check out their unique and exemplary service.  Request Keesha Holland.  I believe you will enjoy the experience. 

1717 West Sixth Street (about 100 yards to the east of MoPac)

Building 2, Suite 130

Austin, TX 78703

512-428-4378

info@reddsbarbershop.com

www.reddsbarbershop.com

Spread the word and support a fellow Longhorn > Cory Redding.  Hook ‘em.

7s4hpNz_.png

********************************************************************************************

“ Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The "sure thing" boat never gets far from shore. â€

~Carnegie, Dale on Risk

Small / medium size business owners:

Would you like to grow your business by franchising.

Don't Just Change Your Curtains... Change Your View. I DidMy Story

Franchise Opportunity Knocks

Self-employment Beckons

Start answering the call right here.

News you can use to help you find

The right franchise / business opportunity for you.

To receive free and no-obligation monthly newsletter, which contains articles with general information self-employment, career transition, business ownership… more specific information on franchise and business opportunity (“Biz-opsâ€) options; as well as interesting concepts, or special deals, complete and submit Subscription Form

August Newsletter is available for viewing by clicking on the link below:

FranchiseQuestLibraryAugust2016.pdf

40 Reasons To Buy A Franchise.  Plus, Featured Concepts...Franchises; and Business Opportunities.

Note:  This month's newsletter; 2016 newsletters; as well as copies of 2015 newsletters can be viewed by going to the Franchise Quest Website.  Click on the Website link below, or go to: 

http://www.franchise-quest.com

Resource Center > Newsletter

$1,000 Referral Bonus $1,000

Additional Information Is Available at Franchise Quest

If you would like to visit, please don’t be shy about reaching out…

I’m a coach, not a sales person.

Hook 'em. 

Larry S. Powell
Franchise Quest
210-479-2491
Outside San Antonio: 888-479-2491 
franchisequest@sbcglobal.net