Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Early spread is Notre Dame -4.5

celliot

The early spread is Notre Dame -4.5. Buying or selling? I think it's going to be a close game. Up here in Indiana, every Irish fan talks a lot about last year's 38-3 nightmare. In fact, it's all they'll talk about. I don't know if they're just not paying attention to the current rosters, trending topics coming out of each camp, or what, but they don't see to care about anything other than last year's result, ignoring the ESPN FPI almost putting this game at a 50/50 toss up. Add that to the fact Notre Dame lost huge playmakers from last season on both sides of the ball while Texas has had an entire off-season to develop and improve its young talent. I know the Irish has two proven quarterbacks, but I don't look at their roster the same way I did last year. 

Anyway, what say you? I think the early spread is fair, and I bet it will stay put before dropping to Notre Dame -3 by game day. 

I'd say thats about right. The homer in me is predicting upset. The rational side is saying we'll probably come up just short.

Not easy playing in DKR, especially the opener and when its really, really hot (6 p.m. kickoff, hottest part of day). So a tough road game for the Irish.

I take no moral victories, I want a W. But I would take solace if we lost but gave a very good showing and made a helluva game out of it.

That said, it would not surprise me to see us win it.

How can anybody know what to expect from Texas right now? Either an inconsistent SR or true FR will start at QB and our apparently indispensable FR center is already hurt. No margin of victory either way would shock me.

How did he become indispensable? I missed that part. What I remember is that is was convenient that he was able to come in and play right away. 

If you're going to get your worry on, talk about how the first two people to touch the ball on each play will both be freshmen.

How did he become indispensable? I missed that part. What I remember is that is was convenient that he was able to come in and play right away. 

If you're going to get your worry on, talk about how the first two people to touch the ball on each play will both be freshmen.

You must have missed Burnt Ends which is the good part of the meat.

•If Shackelford could make it back for Notre Dame that would obviously be the best scenario.  Backup center Jake McMillon is having a tough time with the job, and Texas might explore other alternatives like Patrick Vahe or other freshmen.

http://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/12603-burnt-ends-08152016/?do=findComment&comment=221720

Yep, and their first game is against one of the most storied programs in college football history and in front of 100k+ screaming fans. Doesn't matter how big of a HS program you come from, NOTHING can truly prepare them for that.

I do think I know what the poster meant by the indispensable word he used. From what I have heard is the backups have put a lot of balls on the ground when trying to hike it back to the QB. As scary as it is, it may be a bigger drop off than we think if the fish center goes down.However I would not have used "indispensable".

Lines are set to entice betters to get on both teams. Really has very little to do with who will actually win. Now with that said I don't know what to expect from this game. My heart wants to pick Texas but until I see it on the filed I just can't get there. Matter of fact I think it could get ugly again. Right now I think ND rolls something like 35-10. 

Lines are set to entice betters to get on both teams. Really has very little to do with who will actually win. Now with that said I don't know what to expect from this game. My heart wants to pick Texas but until I see it on the filed I just can't get there. Matter of fact I think it could get ugly again. Right now I think ND rolls something like 35-10. 

I don't know. I'm not saying I don't know because I think Texas is so much better -- I mean, they should be much improved -- but rather, I don't think Notre Dame is THAT good this year. 

Take lines out of it and just pair this straight up, who wins? Probably Notre Dame. But I'm not so sure the Irish won't have to really work for it this year. And that's not to suggest it's a slug fest, or they have to score late to win. I just mean Texas could keep this interesting enough to make Notre Dame really uncomfortable. A lot of my best friends up here in Indiana are huge Irish fans, and they have serious concerns on the defensive side of the ball. Aside from that, I haven't met a single ND fan who has a clue who should start at QB, so who knows how they're preparing offensively. I just don't think ND is as put together as it was a year ago. 

We'll see. I'm giving Texas a chance for multiple reasons. But for now, I'll go with Notre Dame 34 Texas 23.