Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thursday Notes: Recruiting, New Offers, Baylor scandal

Mike Roach

1) While it shouldn't be the focus of the fallout in Waco, some players might be on the market soon if Baylor releases the 2016 class from their LOI's. I've spoken to several people today who said that several Baylor signees are already evaluating their options. I believe Texas would be interested in two of them but the timetable is a little tricky. I was told one of the players had Texas in an early top 3. We are staying on top of this and will update you if there is any movement.

2) There is one current Baylor commit I believe Texas might have a secondary interest in. Stafford WR Hezekiah Jones holds a Texas offer, but I'm not sure if Texas would take him ahead of the other options in state. La Vega TE Kedrick James announced his decommitment today. James holds a Texas offer, but I feel that he's headed for A&M. Texas already holds a commitment from Major Tennison, so I'm not sure how hard they are recruiting James at this point.

3) Elkins LB Kenneth Murray received an offer yesterday from Texas. I spoke to him today about it and will have more in the following days. He's keeping information close to the vest, but I believe Texas holds the lead. He told me last year that Texas was his favorite school growing up.

4) Nacogdoches DB Josh Thompson is blowing up lately. Thompson picked up offers from Oklahoma State and Missouri today. I feel that Texas is close to offering him, and I think we could see that in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out, because Thompson is close with former teammate Brandon Jones.

Yeah I kinda figured that and the fact 2017 WR is a pretty good class. Could Hudson start at guard this year?

Hudson if he came to Texas would be 1st option to start if Hodges has issues at LG. I think Mattox likes the starting 5 he has but Hudson would probably be the top backup at RT, so if Perkins moved back to guard I could see Hudson starting. if Cobb came also he could be instant depth at corner, thought he was best HS CB in state in my opinion 

I gotta a funny feeling NCAA is gonna get there hands on this as well as the Attorney General

Maybe the U.S. Atty Gen on Title IX and Cleary Act violations, but not the Texas AG. The Texas AG is a Baylor grad under indictment himself. If anything, it will be the DA's office, not the AG.

Expecting Ken Paxton to go after Baylor for this would be about as reasonable as expecting the aggy administration to be held accountable for negligent homicide for the bonfire debacle when the father of the sitting governor had his presidential library a few hundred yards from the scene of the crime and the sitting Lt Gov an aggy alum.

Politics matters in Texas.

Per Higs:

"as many as six 2016, Baylor commitments have requested for Baylor to let them out of their National Letter of Intent. As it stands right now, it would appear that Baylor is attempting/wanting/trying to stand their ground and not let these kids out of the signed contract.

I for the life of me cant imagine why or what grounds Baylor would try and stand in their way based on everything that has transpired in recent weeks. The plot thickens my friends. I did not imagine or anticipate Baylor taking a stance on this matter but from what I am told that is their plan as of this moment. I don’t know what kind of pressure they will get from the familes/kids or the NCAA but time will tell. I do not think this will end well for Baylor by any means……."

Higs, J. (2016).

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house-subscribers-only

Per Higs:

"as many as six 2016, Baylor commitments have requested for Baylor to let them out of their National Letter of Intent. As it stands right now, it would appear that Baylor is attempting/wanting/trying to stand their ground and not let these kids out of the signed contract.

I for the life of me cant imagine why or what grounds Baylor would try and stand in their way based on everything that has transpired in recent weeks. The plot thickens my friends. I did not imagine or anticipate Baylor taking a stance on this matter but from what I am told that is their plan as of this moment. I don’t know what kind of pressure they will get from the familes/kids or the NCAA but time will tell. I do not think this will end well for Baylor by any means……."

Higs, J. (2016).

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house-subscribers-only

Baylor is scum.