Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sources: Art Briles Not Safe Just Yet

This morning Chip Brown released a report that Baylor Regents have decided to fire Kenneth Starr.

Chip Brown also reported that Art Briles will remain the Head Coach of Baylor football "barring any evidence turning up that Briles was engaged in a coverup."

Sources close to the situation told me that this scenario could be closer than many believe. There appears to be a future publication coming from Texas Monthly that could be damaging to not only Baylor, but Briles as well.

According to another source, Baylor appears to be aware of this and has begun the process of protecting themselves. I'm being told that Baylor is keeping in touch with a coach from the Art Briles coaching tree in case a move needs to be made.

More details will be coming out. Another site has said that one of the victims has 100% proof that Briles new about her incident and did nothing before the Baylor player raped another girl. It's about to get real...

Well there is a lot out there. I honestly didn't report everything I've heard. There is a lot of damning things floating out there.

So basically Phill Montgomery from Tulsa. 

Maybe, but he was at BU during many of these alleged sexual assaults and probably helped recruit of few of these kids to Waco. Plus, I doubt he'd want to replace his mentor under these circumstances. BU should and will be better off to look outside the "Briles Tree", IMO.

This job ain't gonna be real attractive to many short-term, either.

They'll give him an incredibly comfortable severance package so he won't say shit. 

If Starr is asked to speak on the subject, it's going to be under oath, so his severance package isn't going to matter. Considering he may personally be liable for some of the federal questions surrounding all this, he isn't going to do much talking, even if he was given nothing as severance.

The reason he would be given a severance would be to help in hiring the next university president. If candidates knew the regents had a tendency to be vindictive on the way out the door for actions the regents knew about all along, they would have an even tougher time finding a new president than they already have.

There have been plenty of things that occurred in connection with Baylor sports in recent months that should have caused the regents to ask questions. Trying to act as if they hold no responsibility and that Starr was the ultimate responsible party, and therefore should be stripped of all his severance, is not a winning more for the Baylor regents, and they know it.

It's not as much as who knew what, but also who had the responsibility to start asking questions when questionable things were going on. Either people knew and said nothing, or they had the obligation to know and asked nothing.

Starr will not be the only person to be leaving Baylor over all this. It is a total breakdown of the system and a cultural bias toward not ensuring the interests of all Baylor students were protected. That culture isn't going to change by only firing a few people or by allowing those responsible for permitting the problem to exist in the first place are allowed to hire those responsible for cleaning things up.

I don't know how BU justifies firing Ken Starr while retaining Briles.

All that does is throw fuel on the fire. You're admitting wrong-doing and punishing an administrator who isn't directly responsible for oversight of BU football players. Maybe the BU board has decided to clean house?

It's not about justification. It's about finding a scapegoat. 

A month ago, I posted this:

"Here is what the investigation will prove: 

Some misconduct by a mid-level employee. They become the sacrificial lamb. They pin it all on them. Art Briles will be so removed that he will be "innocent" and he will serve a 3 game suspension and retain his spot as head coach. 

Baylor will donate to some battered women charities or rape survivors group like RAINN. Have some classes about it, and everything will "change". The report will limit the liability so the women get less in settlement offers, topping out around $10-15 million total for all the affected women. Baylor keeps winning, drawing in $100 million per season. 

This is the F**ked up world we live in. We destroy people's lives for money. Just hope it doesn't happen to you and your family. "

Source: http://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/12026-baylor-football-player-being-investigated-for-another-sexual-assault/page-2

Now, surprisingly they have gone with the "Fire the University President route" which will show their commitment to this issue. Briles will not be fired unless that damning evidence does come about Briles actively covering up the sexual assaults. Eventually, the season will get here, and if Briles can still recruit good football players and win games, he will be Baylor's head coach.

Also, the Vanderbilt players were prosecuted and in prison. As you stated, this was systemic. They had a process of suppressing the information and clearly Waco is too close knit or their journalist suck because no one followed police arrest reports in that town which made it easier to hide the problems. 

Here is what the investigation will prove: 

Some misconduct by a mid-level employee. They become the sacrificial lamb. They pin it all on them. Art Briles will be so removed that he will be "innocent" and he will serve a 3 game suspension and retain his spot as head coach. 

Baylor will donate to some battered women charities or rape survivors group like RAINN. Have some classes about it, and everything will "change". The report will limit the liability so the women get less in settlement offers, topping out around $10-15 million total for all the affected women. Baylor keeps winning, drawing in $100 million per season. 

This is the F**ked up world we live in. We destroy people's lives for money. Just hope it doesn't happen to you and your family. 

Can anyone explain how the coach that recruited these players some with very questionable issues before they transferred into Baylor. Is notified  several of these players have been involved with sexual assaults still keep his job. Many players over several years and Briles did nothing and he is still the head coach.

This is the same school that allowed Dave Bliss to cover up the murder of a player so all the ncaa rules violations were not exposed. Baylor school officials vowed then to live up to their schools promises of being open and moral. Clearly that ship has sailed.

So do you think Briles will get fired?

Supposedly, Texas Monthly is getting ready to publish their take on the Baylor mess. I think Briles is gone after that article is published and before Big XII media days.

I think they are going to let the interim president to the house cleaning so the new president can move ahead with this behind him/her.

If I had to guess, they are trying to decide who the interim AD and HC will be.

One big problem people aren't mentioning is the feds have to be all over this for Title IX and Cleary Act violations.

Briles has to go.

Supposedly, Texas Monthly is getting ready to publish their take on the Baylor mess. I think Briles is gone after that article is published and before Big XII media days.

I think they are going to let the interim president to the house cleaning so the new president can move ahead with this behind him/her.

If I had to guess, they are trying to decide who the interim AD and HC will be.

One big problem people aren't mentioning is the feds have to be all over this for Title IX and Cleary Act violations.

Briles has to go.

Lets home the rape article makes a bigger splash than the trademark one. :rolleyes: