Find results in...

Baylor running thread.

That would be interesting.

ï‚š   
ï‚™ 

10 potential Baylor coach candidates to replace Art Briles

8 Mack Brown
   

This would be a home run of sorts if Baylor could convince Brown, a high-character coach who won a national championship, to come out of retirement. Brown flirted with SMU a bit, and it would take a lot of money to pull the 64-year-old coach back in. It’s at least intriguing, however, and it’s worth a call to find out.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/list/baylor-coach-candidates-art-briles-fired-philip-montgomery-mack-brown-chad-morris-kiffin/1v6ih9k7ccabt1r4l3qf9orxuq/slide/8

Actual post from baylorfans.com

It's a new world and some people down in Austin have made sure we get to ride the crest of the wave. We should have been smart enough to see it coming, I guess.

If I was a Longhorn fan, I'd be very wary about attending a game in Waco ever again. I've got a feeling some violence in the stands and parking lot is highly likely to occur next year and for the foreseeable future.

I genuinely struggle with this. Not sure I have a fully baked POV. Rape already is such a complicated issue. Is it really that wrong for a coach to advise a girl who had drunk sex she regrets not to ruin a young man's life if they were both ****-faced and she regretted having a one-night stand with a black guy and might ruin her rep? (This is still Baylor)

From BearMom:

THIS. As much as we teach our boys that "no means no," our girls must also be taught that you cannot/do not cry 'rape' for an unfortunate one-night stand. Doing so casts doubt on true rape crimes.

From a moderator, Ghostrider: 
I read the report, but don't see why we fired Briles
It appears it was due to Title 9 infractions and not a great "culture," whatever the hell that is.....I think firing him just poured more gas on the fire....****!

Actual post from baylorfans.com

It's a new world and some people down in Austin have made sure we get to ride the crest of the wave. We should have been smart enough to see it coming, I guess.

If I was a Longhorn fan, I'd be very wary about attending a game in Waco ever again. I've got a feeling some violence in the stands and parking lot is highly likely to occur next year and for the foreseeable future.

I genuinely struggle with this. Not sure I have a fully baked POV. Rape already is such a complicated issue. Is it really that wrong for a coach to advise a girl who had drunk sex she regrets not to ruin a young man's life if they were both ****-faced and she regretted having a one-night stand with a black guy and might ruin her rep? (This is still Baylor)

From BearMom:

THIS. As much as we teach our boys that "no means no," our girls must also be taught that you cannot/do not cry 'rape' for an unfortunate one-night stand. Doing so casts doubt on true rape crimes.

From a moderator, Ghostrider: 

I read the report, but don't see why we fired Briles

It appears it was due to Title 9 infractions and not a great "culture," whatever the hell that is.....I think firing him just poured more gas on the fire....****!

You can only shake your head. Waco really means wacko.

OB says some of the Baylor 2017s recruits already asking out

At least one has mentioned Texas specifically

And another one has been calling tattoo removal services

Don't want any of them. They had their chance to come to UT. They chose Baylor let them stay and enjoy the shit show. 

OB says some of the Baylor 2017s recruits already asking out

At least one has mentioned Texas specifically

And another one has been calling tattoo removal services

Don't you mean 2016s?

The 2017 verbal commitments don't mean anything until their LOIs are signed and faxed in.