Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Baylor running thread.

I started this thread because it looks as if the Baylor scandal is going to have legs, and I think all of us would like to keep up to date with the latest.

For instance - today, there is a 247Horns poster, that claims to have inside info, and is saying all the Baylor coaches have been pulled off the road.

If this is true it is major news - as this is the hot recruiting time and the last thing Briles would want is his coaches back home.

Something is really brewing, if this true.

EDIT:  Here is the actual quote from the poster - who has been very reliable, in the past, with his info:.

I heard from a reliable source in the CFB coaching community that Baylor coaches have been pulled off the road. A few days ago, one of the Baylor mods claimed that it was a good sign that the coaches were still on the road because it likely meant that they were clear of any wrongdoing. That doesn't appear to be the case anymore after the OTL report from yesterday suggesting that they did, in fact, know about many of the sexual assault cases and did nothing about them.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll keep my opinion brief: Hermann says that Casey Horny was not interviewed by Pepper-Hamilton in their investigation into Baylor. So a law firm doing the investigation didn't think he knew enough t

JB, I don't think it's as unbalanced as you might think. There is an "extra" component to this story that is not part of the Tennessee-Bama-OleMiss type of story.   Baylor is a Baptist University. T

I had to repost this for you all ___________________________   Anonymous HS Coach's opinion of Briles......not good   by ATX89   Saw this from a poster on another site and thought I'd share.

Posted Images

I was thinking just yesterday that it might be time to have a central thread for this story. There's a "drip - drip - drip" factor going on so it's tough to keep up. Thanks for doing this Doc.

The big news from yesterday, IMO, is that ESPN more or less showed that Briles knew about a lot of this. Before yesterday, that was still a little bit in question despite the Boise State coach's claim that he informed Baylor.

I'll just put this here:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15611923

I sure wish eSECpn would pursue the scandals at Tennessee, Bama, and Ole Miss as doggedly.

Obviously, I'm not condoning BU's alleged misdeeds, but coverage on this sure seems unbalanced. It'll be interesting to see what BU does, but those involved in a cover-up should be terminated; Briles, McCaw, Starr...whoever. 

I sure wish eSECpn would pursue the scandals at Tennessee, Bama, and Ole Miss as doggedly.

Obviously, I'm not condoning BU's alleged misdeeds, but coverage on this sure seems unbalanced. It'll be interesting to see what BU does, but those involved in a cover-up should be terminated; Briles, McCaw, Starr...whoever. 

I'm with JBTexasEx on the part that I bolded above and what I'm about to say probably won't be received well by some. 

But because I've had a "bad" personal experience with how the media reports things, I'm always a little hesitant to believe everything that they report. Rarely does the media get things even half right and they will and do sensationalize things in order to get viewership/readership/clicks or whatever. The media mostly wants a good story and will exaggerate the truth when it benefits them. 

Yes, as you can tell, I am extremely jaded toward the media. 

The Waco police dept. is really angry over the revelation of the Baylor players files being pulled from their computer.  They call it sensationalism.  However, we call their anger CYA.

And where is the county DA on this?

This Baylor football cover up is systemic and wouldn't surprise me if it went all the way to the legislature.  There are more than a few Baylor grads there, as well.

Baylor's transgressions deserve unbalanced coverage.

Oh? How many actual sexual assualt convictions?

Uwakachu - who never played a down for BU - and who else?

Yeah you're right. Nothing to see here. Much ado about nothing. Much more interested in Laremy Tunsil's light bill.

If leaked reports are true, BU at the highest levels ignored or covered up multiple instances of sexual assault. That would keep the conviction rate down.

Yeah you're right. Nothing to see here. Much ado about nothing. Much more interested in Laremy Tunsil's light bill.

You didn't answer the question, so obviously you've got nothing. 

There's a big difference between allegations and convictions. I seem to remember the public indicting Meander and Sanders without due process. How'd that work out again?

You didn't answer the question, so obviously you've got nothing.

There's a big difference between allegations and convictions. I seem to remember the public indicting Meander and Sanders without due process. How'd that work out again?

so what convictions in the SEC are you wanting more follow up on?

Here's a prediction. Heads will roll at BU without another single conviction.

. I respect it but I'm not blind. Question for you. Paterno and everybody who mattered at PSU were toppled before Sandusky was convicted. Did that trouble you as much?

Read my first post in this thread. I never said the allegations weren't "troubling", but it's gotta be proven in a court. All we have right now is one conviction and many he said/she said situations.

Why these victims didn't file police reports is beyond me. If they did and BU failed to act or Waco PD covered it up, now you have something. Reporting the alleged crime to a chaplain or coach is foolish.

so what convictions in the SEC are you wanting more follow up on?

Here's a prediction. Heads will roll at BU without another single conviction.

Since you asked, I'd like ESPN and the lamestream media to sniff around Tennessee. When is that OTL on the schedule? Outrageous and every bit as damning as BU...allegedly

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/02/09/sweeping-sexual-assault-suit-filed-against-ut/79966450/

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2016/02/24/lawsuit-tennessee-coach-butch-jones-called-player-traitor/80851232/