Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Daniel Figurelli Interview (Warning: NSFW language)

UPDATES BELOW

So if you have been paying attention to the world of twitter, you will see the name Daniel Figurelli.

Well for those unaware of the story, he did what you're never supposed to do. He pissed off ShaggyTexas during the off-season.

Daniel Figurelli has been accused of creating sock puppet accounts, posing as Longhorn fans tweeting very racist things at recruits.

Shaggy user THujones wrote a good synopsis of the evidence that points as to why people believe it to be Daniel Figurelli.

so a preface, Daniel Figurelli claims to disdain when people tweet at recruits. 

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports
Things that need to go away in 2016:
1. Donald Trump
2. "Dabbing"
3. Tweeting at recruits
4. Bernie Sanders
5. The Big12
6. Roger Goodell

Moreover, Daniel obviously knows how to use twitter. He’s got two personal accounts still active, @DanielE63AMG, a handle which makes obvious reference to the car he wishes he could afford, and @Figurellisports. This handle used to be @Houstonbig12, but he got into A&M’s business school and changed the handle name. Claims in his bio to be a “sports insider.” 

He’s not a sports insider. Look at him. He’s a custom van with no windows insider.

(As an aside, judging by nauseating number of Daniel Figurelli RTs, it’s likely this kid runs @TAMU_Sports and @College__Talk. He likes to retweet himself. )

He’s clearly an aggie fan, which any look at his profile or timeline will demonstrate (should he not delete it all).

So.

At least 3 different Twitter accounts, @CFB_RT, @Pullmanbati, and @Hookemfag were all tweeting awful, racist things at Texas recruits. (As if any fan, barring very rare circumstances, would ever assign themselves a name like @Hookemfag)

Apparent internet Aggie Hero and Racial Healer, Daniel Figurelli, just HAPPENED to collect a bunch of racist tweets from apparent Longhorn fans so he could expose them to the world:

7iYf3ag.jpg

Interesting indeed. All the accounts use roughly the same language, making sure to drop both racial and homophobic slurs at roughly the same intervals. 

Here are more tweets from those accounts:

ZHiv3AJ.jpg

YBfvvJw.jpg

(Notice here how @CFB_RT is a “Texas” account now…)

Well, the @CFB_RT account was (it’s deleted) actually an AGGIE ACCOUNT. But it was disguised as a Texas account when the tweets went out. In fact, the only accounts that @CFB_RT retweeted were TAMU Athletics, TAMU Highlights, and this Daniel Figurelli.

OMLgO8e.png

fthWKmv.png

But here, when it’s tweeting racist stuff at JK Dobbins, it’s disguised as a Texas account:

"@CFB_RT Lets commit to UT! Retweeted Jk dobbins
Selling yourself to other schools and not coming to UT like a nigger, wow. Don't be a total faggot, #HookEm"

Oh and that tweet was liked by one person: @FigurelliSports

@Hookemfag RT’d Figurelli’s stupid Pro-Ted Cruz tweet:

3W7zmy2.jpg

At least a few people started to say, wow, not a single one of those racist tweets have any likes or retweets and yet this guy managed to just stumble upon them, and tweet them to the world so people could see how terrible Texas fans were? Some suggested Figurelli was the source. And the second that happened, they all came down. At the same time. 

Let me repeat: he was accused of running the accounts, and at least 3 separate accounts were made private and then deleted. All almost immediately. Did 3 separate individuals, running 3 separate accounts all independently decide to change their ways and delete evidence of their racial pasts on a Tuesday evening? 

Occam’s razor.

Now, when someone deletes a bunch of tweets at once, they are gone, unless someone takes a screen shot. We have some of those here. But consider what is STILL on Daniel Figurelli’s twitter timeline:

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-20%20at%209.29.1

Racist? I’d say yes. Defensible as “oh, is that racist? I didn’t mean it that way,” perhaps. But of course, this tweet is coming from the actual guy. Not a sock.

Let's let Daniel answer the question of whether or not he's racist. He's currently following these two accounts. At least one, if you read the tweets, appears to be full blooded, genuine, GRADE-A racist:

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-21%20at%2012.17.

Here are the last three tweets from that account:

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-21%20at%2012.21.

Lastly-there's one place that has all the deleted information. Twitter. I've seen this douchebag throw around the word "slander" on his timeline. It's not slander if it's true. If he were to ever bring legal action against any of the numerous people who have identified him as the source of the tweets, they'd get the info from twitter. He must know that.

Thursday Morning edit: Figurelli has now deleted Figurelli sports. It is now @BC__Recruiting, a Boston College recruiting account. which makes no sense at all. He still has his pinned tweet about horrible Texas fans at the top. His follows include @tweetdeleter and @tweet_delete. Hmm. Also, all his tweets are gone, but for one about how Boston College Player Elijah Robinson "totally balled out in practice today." Boston College finished spring ball last week.

Personally, I am a deep believer of innocent until proven guilty, so I went ahead and had a discussion with Mr. Figurelli to get his part of the story

So here's the long story short, I run, spin off and sell Twitter accounts. I have sold over 20+ Twitter accounts to date. I recently sold a Twitter account by the name of: Houstonbig12 which was then turned into the account @ 6blvd. The accounts that I sell to individuals are required to retweet my personal account until they change both the username and name of the account so that I know the account still hasn't been changed and is linked to me. (If you don't believe me go back about 4 months on the HoustonBig12 account and you'll see that it retweeted me nearly everyday until it "randomly" stopped and started pushing the media it was bought for.) if this is not enough I can even put you in contact with the current owner of the Twitter account and he can and will verify everything that I've said. 2 of the Twitter accounts that were tweeting the racist things were at one time my accounts! BUT I literally just sold them (that I can also provide proof of!) the accounts get sold through my main (former) Twitter account @figurellisports and people get in touch with me because I had my business email on the account (check other people's screen shots of you don't believe me). I don't keep up with the accounts that I sell, I only know when they've been switched over to their new purpose from the buyer because they'll stop retweeting me. I had ZERO knowledge of the tweets and not only that, I welcomed any and all evidence that it was me. On top of this people are now saying I'm guilty because I took down my main Twitter. Well let me tell you something, when my girlfriend got dragged into this and started to get attacked that crosses the line for me even though that was a business Twitter account. Now I had to delete and make fake accounts because I was getting about 1 death threat per hour yesterday. Finally, to answer the question everyone wants to know, how did I find the racist tweets? Well it was on TexAgs, don't believe me? Go look under the TateMartell thread on the premium board. Why the heck would I screen shot my own clients accounts if I knew that it would link everyone to me through the retweets?? As to the accounts being taken down, great question. My guess is the person wanted to prank some UT fans and bought the accounts to do so because they know I have a large A&M following. The person (most likely) had no intention of dragging me into this and thus took them down after the brainless act. So, if you want to fact check me go ahead, I can provide proof of sale, proof of the HB12 account, the retweet rule and more

6h6 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

So let's take this one step at a time. So the accounts in question, they were yours at one time?

6h6 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Yes

6h6 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Ok

6h6 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

I use a software to develop the accounts and then sell them off to interested users

6h6 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

And these people, who are not you, started tweeting right random racist things at recruits

6h6 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

From what we all saw yes

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Ok. I'm a computer programmer. Would you please tell me what software you developed for the accounts?

5h5 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

I dont know when it started I only took screen caps on the recents ones I saw

The ones you can get off TexAgs

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Ok.

5h5 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Crowdfire

I can even prove I have an account there

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

So, now once you were accused of running these accounts, they all were shut down. Did you have any part in this?

Or were they all deleted by the individual owners?

5h5 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Obsoletely not

No even in the remotest

I dont know who took them down or owns them now, once I sell I'm totall 100% free of the accounts

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Ok. Can you provide me the proof of sale? And who now owns the accounts?

5h5 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Again, I provide that business email on my Twitter account (you can see the screen shots) the only thing I have is the emails used to buy them

dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

For some of the accounts I do have the actual people and their names

Not for the accounts in question though

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Ok. May I have the proof of payment and the emails given to you?

5h5 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Yes! I'll have to get it from my computer though, I'm in my next class

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Ok. Please do this ASAP

5h5 hours ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Also is tamu_sports run by you?

Just trying to clear things up

4h4 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Yeah, sorry I can't really text right now

1 hour ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Daniel, if you could provide those sales documents at you earliest convenience that'd help a lot.

38m38 minutes ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Hey man sorry about the delay I was talking to me lawyer. I want to say that I actually truly do thank you for coming to me and trying to get both sides of the story. Now I don't know what will come of the lawsuit, but I provided quite a lot of documentation to him and when it's all there there will be no question about it that I didn't tweet that stuff

dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Anyway, I was advised not to say anything right now (shocker) but I will keep you updated

Daniel is now threatening legal action against Blacklab, the owner of ShaggyTexas.com in a letter that ShaggyTexas owner put on his forum

Mr. Blacklab,
My name is Daniel Figurelli. As I am sure you are well aware there has been quite the fight over on ShaggyTexas about me and certain tweets.
I will cut to the chase here. One of your users contacted my place of work and proceeded to lie about me tweeting racist things out. (you can find all this information on the recruiting notes 2017 starting around page 152 or 153). I will make this short and to the point, I have offered for anyone to prove those tweets were mine, and no one produced anything and instead blamed a twitter user on me. I was then informed that very interesting things were said about me over on ShaggyTexas about me, like “Hope DFigs gets his Ag ring, when he ends up selling his mouth on craigslist.com as a cross dresser, someone is going to shred him and that ring is the only way they’ll identify the body” Posted by JTWilson22 on 4/17/2016 at 8:12PM. Now I have contacted my lawyer, and both contacting my employer and the threats on your site is two different things I have grounds to sue on. Now I am not going to sit here and threaten suit, but after the call from my employer saying people had gone so far as you find my information, find my place of work, contact them, and then proceed to lie about certain things crosses the line. My employer suggested that I deal directly with the site owner (you) and ensure the person who called them is not allowed back on the site as it is defaming one of their employees. I seriously doubt you want your site allowing death threats and people to breach employee and employer privacy after I contacted you with this email informing you of what is going on over at your site. I trust that all posts about this issue will be removed and I can inform my lawyer and employer that they have all been taken down. The individual who contacted my place of work is has the username of: RocketHorn1978 on your site. Please feel free to look over his posts and see that what I am saying is true.
If you would rather keep the posts up I totally understand as it is your site, and I will gladly get you in contact with my lawyer and the two of you can take care of this.

Regards,
Daniel Figurelli

to which Blacklab replied

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Daniel Figurelli <911.turbo.rs@gmail.com> wrote:
Mr. Richards,
My name is Daniel Figurelli. As I am sure you are well aware there has been quite the fight over on ShaggyTexas about me and certain tweets.
Actually I was not.

I will cut to the chase here.
No, it doesn't seem like you will

>One of your users contacted my place of work and proceeded to lie about me tweeting racist things out. (you can find all this information on the >recruiting notes 2017 starting around page 152 or 153). I will make this short and to the point, I have offered for anyone to prove those tweets were >mine, and no one produced anything and instead blamed a twitter user on me. I was then informed that very interesting things were said about me >over on ShaggyTexas about me, like “Hope DFigs gets his Ag ring, when he ends up selling his mouth on craigslist.com as a cross dresser, someone is >going to shred him and that ring is the only way they’ll identify the body” Posted by JTWilson22 on 4/17/2016 at 8:12PM. Now I have contacted my l>awyer, and both contacting my employer and the threats on your site is two different things I have grounds to sue on.
First, you should learn the different uses of "is" and "are". Second, the last sentence is completely false. You don't need any reason to sue someone, you can simply walk into the courthouse and file a lawsuit at any time.

>Now I am not going to sit here and threaten suit,
Yet you keep bringing up things like "lawyers" and "lawsuits"

>but after the call from my employer saying people had gone so far as you find my information, find my place of work, contact them, and then proceed >to lie about certain things crosses the line. My employer suggested that I deal directly with the site owner (you)
Thanks for letting me know I own my own site.

>and ensure the person who called them is not allowed back on the site as it is defaming one of their employees.
>I seriously doubt you want your site allowing death threats
It wasn't a threat, merely a hope. 
There is a distinction between, "I am going to rip off your f##king head and shit down your f##king throat", and "I hope someone rips off your head and shits down your f##king throat"

>and people to breach employee and employer privacy
You have advertised to the world, via LinkedIn where you work. It is not private information. 

>after I contacted you with this email informing you of what is going on over at your site. I trust that all posts about this issue will be removed and I can >inform my lawyer and employer that they have all been taken down. The individual who contacted my place of work is has the username of: >RocketHorn1978 on your site. Please feel free to look over his posts and see that what I am saying is true.
>If you would rather keep the posts up I totally understand as it is your site, and I will gladly get you in contact with my lawyer and the two of you can >take care of this.

Do you really have a lawyer? Did he tell you to write this email? This was the most pathetic attempt at a threatening email I have ever seen. If he did you need to file a formal complaint with the state bar. You want to see a threatening email?

Go ahead and sue me. I do not give a shit. I've spent more money on lawyers in the last 5 years than you will make in the next 10. Here's what's going to happen when you do.

1. I went ahead and registered danielfigurelli.com. Don't believe me? Look and see where it goes to. 
2. i'm going to document everything about the lawsuit there. I own a web hosting company. I buy bandwidth by the terabyte. It will not cost me a thing to keep that site up forever.
3. Pretty soon it will be the number one result in google for your name. Good luck finding a job if the potential employer enters your name into google.
4. As soon as the lawsuit is filed I'll make motions and subpoena your employer, your home ISP and your cell phone provider for all records of you on line.
5. I will subpoena twitter for all records and IP addresses, emails and records associated with the twitter accounts you claim you do not own.
6. I will subpoena the email providers associated with the twitter accounts for anything related with these twitter accounts.
7. At this point it will be pretty simple to prove that you are behind these accounts and the lawsuit will be dismissed.
8. Good luck finding a job once it's proven you've made these twitter accounts.

So now I did my research a bit into the story  

So here's the long story short, I run, spin off and sell Twitter accounts. I have sold over 20+ Twitter accounts to date.

CrowdFire appears to be an awesome website and software that helps its users manage their twitter accounts, get a better picture of their twitter accounts presence and worth, and see how many followers you lose and gain. 

I couldn't find any evidence of his claim that it was a business, anywhere on the internet. @Figurellisports is now deleted so I can't check to see if that claim is true. However, due to the fact that some of the accounts (such as those in question) had around 3 digits worth of followers, my honest assessment of the situation is this could not have been a very profitable endeavor if it existed. Furthermore, it goes against Twitter's website rules.

to answer the question everyone wants to know, how did I find the racist tweets? Well it was on TexAgs, don't believe me? Go look under the TateMartell thread on the premium board.

So I went to go see if this claim that they were on the TexAgs forum was correct. While those screen shots did appear to be on there, they were taken off of another account that was allegedly under the control of Daniel (@TAMU_Athletics).

I recently sold a Twitter account by the name of: Houstonbig12 which was then turned into the account @6blvd.

I talked with the individual who currently runs the @6blvd twitter account. He appeared to be an acquaintance of Daniel's, but nothing more than that. His immediate reaction to this whole situation was confusion and disbelief.

After talking to him about the alleged selling of the twitter account, it appears it was less a selling transaction and more of a handing over of the account with nothing attached.

The owner of 6blvd asked me to pass along this message to all fans of sports in the state of Texas:

"It's a sad day for Texas sports," he said, "Racism in any form, should not be tolerated from anyone. Collegiate recruits should not have to deal with this type of stuff during their recruiting process, or while they're in school. No matter the fan base, no one should have to deal with this type of stuff. I don't know personally who is to blame.

It's not about us as adults anymore. It's about the kids. We have a passion that gets us in trouble with the wives and girlfriends at home, but at the end of the day it's a game.

I hope that this can start a discussion, create a sit-down in order for various fanbases to come together, so no one has to deal with this type of situation."

Now this ordeal is not over by a long shot, but there are already a lot of things that we can take away from the experience. Some light-hearted lessons like don't mess with ShaggyTexas during the off-season and don't tweet at recruits and some more heavy lessons like the power of social media and racism.

I hope that the ordeal comes to a peaceful resolution.

UPDATES:

So I went ahead an continued the interview as far as I could, while still respecting his privacy.

1 hour ago

3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg 

Hey Dan. You mind giving me the name of your attorney, so I can ask him some questions?

11h11 hours ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Sorry turned off my phone for the past few days. I will get you his name on Monday. This whole story is the worlds biggest sham. I have nothing to do with this and I am going to court for this stuff

1h1 hour ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

I feel ya man. But why can't you get me his name now?

19m16 minutes ago
dgGBdAfp_200x200.jpg

Because of something I was advised to deal with. But again, I thank you for actually going to me

I will give you the name of my lawyer next week

10m7 minutes ago
3sst2hdr_200x200.jpg

Sounds good. Take care

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might as well keep all the trash together. 

I have 3 follow up questions.   1) What is his attorney's name? 2) How much did  he get for the twitter accounts that had less than 10 followers? 3) Why did his primary twitter account follow raci

He is FOS

What an absolute crock of an excuse from Daniel.  Seriously.  Who is going to pay money for some Twitter account handle with less than 40 followers?  And if he didn't have anything to do with them, why was @TAMU_Sports (aka Daniel) retweeting and quoting all of the racist tweets from the account that he purportedly sold to someone else? 

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, guess what?  It's a danged ol' duck. 

Kid needs to come clean. 

Mike,

You deal with teenagers daily.  This kid's is so far dug in at this point that he is going to go down with the ship before he comes clean.  You know how this works.  Granted he's not a teenager, but he's not that far removed.  Not a doubt in my mind that he's going to ride this until it sinks.  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.  ;) 

Oh, and the whole piece about using Crowdfire is hilarious.  You can't generate new Twitter handles within that application.  It's basically a social media automated management software. 

It basically allows you to target other Twitter/Instagram users with similar interests, and send them tweets that are likely relevant to them.  It also provides statistical analysis of Twitter activity.  Nothing anywhere close to what Daniel describes in his conversation with Will. 

Per Crowdfire:

By the power bestowed upon you by Crowdfire and so on and so forth, you can manage your Twitter and Instagram accounts far more effectively by:

• Finding inactive users and your unfollowers - unfollow them if you wish to
  • Finding relevant users to follow using our insightful “Copy Followers” feature
  • Keeping track of how your social media updates affect your follower/unfollower stats
  • Checking the relationship between any two Twitter/Instagram accounts and doing a whole lot more.

I have 3 follow up questions.

1) What is his attorney's name?

2) How much did  he get for the twitter accounts that had less than 10 followers?

3) Why did his primary twitter account follow racist twitter accounts?

I'll take a stab at this.

1. Bob Loblaw
  2. $0.34 each
  3. Wasn't him

I have 3 follow up questions.

1) What is his attorney's name?

2) How much did  he get for the twitter accounts that had less than 10 followers?

3) Why did his primary twitter account follow racist twitter accounts?

I really wanted to ask question 2 and 3 but he hit me with the lawyer line. I'm done with this story for the night. I may pick it back up tomorrow. I have a lot on my plate currently.

Who knew that the market for twitter accounts with explicitly homophobic usernames and fewer than 10 followers was so robust.  Here I am slaving away in an office all day when I could be sitting at home, creating twitter accounts with 'a software', and selling them for tens of dollars.

Two full days and thats the best he could come up with?  Good grief.