Find results in...

Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy was at a dinner event last night that Shaka and Charlie attended. Charlie told a couple of stories, but I liked hearing this one the most. A couple weeks ago, Charlie received a call from Sha

I have to say, I'm pretty stoked about the OL talent we have now assembled. We are where we've wanted to be for years now, but were never able to even get halfway there. The talent is not "shovel-read

Thing is, when you say anything is 100% one way or the other – it causes a knee-jerk reaction in those who know your posting. That action is to go back and see what was said then instead of just taking your word for anything. lol

POSTED A WEEK AGO

"Coach Strong and the staff have made a decision on who their starter will be. I spoke to a couple sources last night about where things stand. And let’s just say that the incumbent proved harder to defeat than expected but if he doesn’t perform on the field then he won’t sit in the oval office for long."

Props to Anwar Richardson and Orangebloods for having the guts to even suggest this was a possibility early in the camp.

That was the first post in a thread entitled "It looks like we have our starting QB for the Notre Dame game"

Posted that same day, from the Houston Chronicle:  http://www.chron.com/sports/longhorns/article/Longhorns-coach-Charlie-Strong-has-starting-QB-9174882.php with a headline of "Longhorns' coach Charlie Strong has starting QB but will wait to announce"

Hate to call you out like I did but here is the actual report word for word....

(Note: The content expressed about Texas’ quarterback battle in this War Room does not reflect the views of the OB staff, their families, or message board members.)

The majority of Longhorn observers have been patiently waiting for Texas to anoint freshman Shane Buechele. Everyone believed the staff was holding off on making a decision in order to keep Tyrone Swoopes and Jerrod Heard motivated. That last thing this staff would do is give a freshman the job and leave those two guys uninterested during fall camp. No matter, when the dusted settled, it was going to be Buechele’s job. 

Heard’s recent move to receiver solidified those beliefs. Everyone in the building realizes how important it is to get Heard on the field this season. Nobody wants Heard to leave UT in 2017 because he did not receive enough playing time this year. Moving Heard to receiver addresses that issue, and there can always be a switch back to quarterback – if necessary – this year, or next spring. Most believed Buechele would start with Swoopes coming off the bench in that 18-wheeler package. Everything was starting to make sense. 

Well, the quarterback battle is still ongoing, but my sources in the building are currently saying the battle between Swoopes and Buechele has been pretty lopsided since practice began earlier this month. 

Swoopes is so far ahead, some in the building believe it is just a matter of time before he – not Buechele – is named Texas’ opening day starter against Notre Dame. 

“It’s not even close,†one source told me. 

So yeah you are 100% incorrect. HE NEVER SAID SWOOPES WAS NAMED THE STARTER.. He said it might be close but not there  yet..

AND HERE IS HIS AUGUST 17TH UPDATES

The quarterback battle between senior Tyrone Swoopes and freshman Shane Buechele is ongoing, and unless there is a drastic change, it does not appear a winner will be determined this week.

From what I have been told, both quarterbacks continue to split reps in practice, which has been the norm during fall camp. In addition, Swoopes remains ahead in the competition, but the goal is to get both quarterbacks ready for the season opener against Notre Dame.

As many of you have speculated, the reason why Swoopes and Buechele are able to split reps is because of the high volume of plays by Sterlin Gilbert’s offense. I was able to confirm that information on Wednesday night.

However, I was told splitting reps does not mean the quarterbacks are equal in this competition. For instance, I was told the second team offense and second team defense receive just as many practice reps as Texas’ first-teamers. Reps are not necessarily the best indication of a player’s standing on Texas’ depth chart.

That means even if some of us believe Buechele should receive more reps if he is going to play this season, from what I have been told, everyone in the building is satisfied with the amount of work he is receiving in practice. In order for Buechele to start against Notre Dame, he still has to overtake Swoopes pretty soon.

As soon as we receive more information about the quarterback battle, we will pass it along.

LMAO 100% INCORRECT

Thing is, when you say anything is 100% one way or the other – it causes a knee-jerk reaction in those who know your posting. That action is to go back and see what was said then instead of just taking your word for anything. lol

POSTED A WEEK AGO

"Coach Strong and the staff have made a decision on who their starter will be. I spoke to a couple sources last night about where things stand. And let’s just say that the incumbent proved harder to defeat than expected but if he doesn’t perform on the field then he won’t sit in the oval office for long."

Props to Anwar Richardson and Orangebloods for having the guts to even suggest this was a possibility early in the camp.

That was the first post in a thread entitled "It looks like we have our starting QB for the Notre Dame game"

Posted that same day, from the Houston Chronicle:  http://www.chron.com/sports/longhorns/article/Longhorns-coach-Charlie-Strong-has-starting-QB-9174882.php with a headline of "Longhorns' coach Charlie Strong has starting QB but will wait to announce"

Also are you actually quoting and using an internet poster/fake insider as your go to reference?  LMAO. I used the actual report from Anwar.... Come on man... 

You really proved nothing, but did you just post the War Room on a competing website? LOL

So yea, go ahead and laugh. It's quite funny. 

So IF Anwar was right, why is Buechele going to start? How do you go from "lopsided" and "not even close" to NOT EVEN TRUE inside of a week?

Also are you actually quoting and using an internet poster/fake insider as your go to reference?  LMAO. I used the actual report from Anwar.... Come on man... 

No, since your penchant for making mouse into elephants is so predictable, I'll guide you back through this again.

There was an entire thread dedicated to Swoopes being named the starter and in the FIRST POST Anwar was named and congratulated. I also posted a link to the Houston Chronicle.

And you wouldn't know an insider if it camped out on your forehead. So spare me the BS. You never win these.

Now, you have provided a competing website's paid and restricted material for everyone here to see without paying a dime. All you did was remind me why I never give that place a dime of mine. What was the entire point of Anwar breathing air for the past two weeks? We gave him all kinds of credit and now you're yanking that all away?

And do you realize what you look like? "NOT EVEN CLOSE" to Not even starting. You actually pay for this crap? Well, bless your heart. lol

You really proved nothing, but did you just post the War Room on a competing website? LOL

So yea, go ahead and laugh. It's quite funny. 

So IF Anwar was right, why is Buechele going to start? How do you go from "lopsided" and "not even close" to NOT EVEN TRUE inside of a week?

You moving the goal post? You said Anwar said Swoopes was named the starter. Anwar clearly DID NOT say that so now your argument that Swoopes was leading why is Shane going to be named the starter. maybe two weeks ago Swoopes was in the lead and now Shane is. Who knows, who cares. The whole point Anwar never said Swoopes was going to be the starter.....He said he looked could and could be.

No, since your penchant for making mouse into elephants is so predictable, I'll guide you back through this again.

There was an entire thread dedicated to Swoopes being named the starter and in the FIRST POST Anwar was named and congratulated. I also posted a link to the Houston Chronicle.

And you wouldn't know an insider if it camped out on your forehead. So spare me the BS. You never win these.

Now, you have provided a competing website's paid and restricted material for everyone here to see without paying a dime. All you did was remind me why I never give that place a dime of mine. What was the entire point of Anwar breathing air for the past two weeks? We gave him all kinds of credit and now you're yanking that all away?

And do you realize what you look like? "NOT EVEN CLOSE" to Not even starting. You actually pay for this crap? Well, bless your heart. lol

so many tears..... LMAO Funny you were a member over there for years before you got called out for fake BS....LMAO

You moving the goal post? You said Anwar said Swoopes was named the starter. Anwar clearly DID NOT say that so now your argument that Swoopes was leading why is Shane going to be named the starter. maybe two weeks ago Swoopes was in the lead and now Shane is. Who knows, who cares. The whole point Anwar never said Swoopes was going to be the starter.....He said he looked could and could be.

You're winning on a technicality. Anwar said a lot that meant Swoopes would be the starter. I've said it in all caps. You saw it. Yet, you ignore the embarrassment. I'm not surprised.

BTW, when did Primal Defense become a fake insider? All he did was pass along some information that was posted on another site.

Are you just slinging mud at whatever here?