Find results in...

Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy was at a dinner event last night that Shaka and Charlie attended. Charlie told a couple of stories, but I liked hearing this one the most. A couple weeks ago, Charlie received a call from Sha

I have to say, I'm pretty stoked about the OL talent we have now assembled. We are where we've wanted to be for years now, but were never able to even get halfway there. The talent is not "shovel-read

Per Chip:

"tonight at about 10 pm CT, I get a text from a former player who says, "It's Buechele. QBs at Texas were told tonight. Some of the players aren't happy."

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house/14924863-qb-chatter-tonight

Chip  discussed this text message on the Bottom Line radio show this morning...so the cat is definitely out the bag

Per Chip:

"tonight at about 10 pm CT, I get a text from a former player who says, "It's Buechele. QBs at Texas were told tonight. Some of the players aren't happy."

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house/14924863-qb-chatter-tonight

Chip  discussed this text message on the Bottom Line radio show this morning...so the cat is definitely out the bag

Anwar over at OB is reporting this morning that no QB starter has been named yet.

Anwar over at OB is reporting this morning that no QB starter has been named yet.

Should be interesting. Except, Anwar cannot say no starter has been named since he's already said it's Swoopes. 

So now he's betting against himself? Or did he say he was just kidding? Or has even tried to explain how he's taking two different positions?

I'll stick with what Anwar has on the record, for comparison's sake here.

It's Anwar and Swoopes vs Chip and Buechele. 

Who will be right?

Should be interesting. Except, Anwar cannot say no starter has been named since he's already said it's Swoopes. 

So now he's betting against himself? Or did he say he was just kidding? Or has even tried to explain how he's taking two different positions?

Who will be right?

For the sake of accuracy, Anwar has never said it was Swoopes. He merely reported that his source told him that Swoopes had outperformed Buechele and that it was really even close. 

Who will be right?

This is 100% incorrect. Anwar reported two weeks that Swoopes leading and playing the best at the time. He never said Swoopes was going to start.

Who will be right?

Burton is saying that he's reported that Buechele has consistently out performed Swoopes.

This is 100% incorrect. Anwar reported two weeks that Swoopes leading and playing the best at the time. He never said Swoopes was going to start.

Thing is, when you say anything is 100% one way or the other – it causes a knee-jerk reaction in those who know your posting. That action is to go back and see what was said then instead of just taking your word for anything. lol

POSTED A WEEK AGO

"Coach Strong and the staff have made a decision on who their starter will be. I spoke to a couple sources last night about where things stand. And let’s just say that the incumbent proved harder to defeat than expected but if he doesn’t perform on the field then he won’t sit in the oval office for long."

Props to Anwar Richardson and Orangebloods for having the guts to even suggest this was a possibility early in the camp.

That was the first post in a thread entitled "It looks like we have our starting QB for the Notre Dame game"

Posted that same day, from the Houston Chronicle:  http://www.chron.com/sports/longhorns/article/Longhorns-coach-Charlie-Strong-has-starting-QB-9174882.php with a headline of "Longhorns' coach Charlie Strong has starting QB but will wait to announce"