Find results in...

Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy was at a dinner event last night that Shaka and Charlie attended. Charlie told a couple of stories, but I liked hearing this one the most. A couple weeks ago, Charlie received a call from Sha

I have to say, I'm pretty stoked about the OL talent we have now assembled. We are where we've wanted to be for years now, but were never able to even get halfway there. The talent is not "shovel-read

Per Chip:

"Sounds like Armanti could be back next week - I just heard.

Saw T Nickelson walking around Thursday in a boot - no limp. FWIW

Shack and Nickelson, RB Kirk Johnson (ankle) should be back for ND game week, I'm hearing."

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house/14895390-friday-chat-season-starts-in-16-days?s=110&page=2

Per Chip:

"Sounds like Armanti could be back next week - I just heard.

Saw T Nickelson walking around Thursday in a boot - no limp. FWIW

Shack and Nickelson, RB Kirk Johnson (ankle) should be back for ND game week, I'm hearing."

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house/14895390-friday-chat-season-starts-in-16-days?s=110&page=2

:)  :)  :)

Per another poster:

Let me share personal experiences with ankle injuries as a former DL who had to stop playing in college because of them.

The very first injury was a 3rd degree lateral ankle sprain that happened 3 weeks before the season. Typical recovery for that degree of sprain is a minimum 30 days.

Two mistakes I made....

1) I sprained it on my first face-off in shotgun alley in the morning practice on the first day of full pads...and refused to tell anyone.

As a starter I just couldn't be the wuss claiming injury after first contact during the manliest, most hyped drill we'd been waiting to practice.

As I continued to practice, the pain numbed and I gimped by the remaining hour.

I didn't disclose it in practice for reasons like what followed...a few coaches and players came in the training room before the afternoon practice to check on me.

I told them I was told I couldn't practice and as expected jokes came of my faking injury to avoid the second practice.

All it took was lifting the blackened grotesque swell that used to resemble an ankle/foot from the ice bucket and gasps with sickened look-aways followed.

2) I couldn't stand sitting out hurt especially after missing the first scrimmage, so I rushed it back in 10 days and told coaches I was ready for the second scrimmage.

A sprain with a 30-day minimum recovery was cut short by 20 days.

Long story short(er), I rolled it over again during every game of the season.

And that's with full tape job and metal brace strapped to it. Those things loosen with sweat and while playing. If the ankle is not full strength, it's toast.

I made it through practices without incident as the intensity was lower, but battling linemen with max force on a weak ankle during games never held up.

After each game's customary roll it went gimpy and hurt like I was done. But after a few plays the pain numbed and adrenaline and game focus blocked it out.

I can't describe the awful feeling knowing the roll was coming each game, and then after having to take on blocks and limp run through excruciating pain until it went numb.

Playing that year was brutal, but things got worse...

The following August I extensively tore a ligament in the same ankle during summer practice again just weeks before the first game and sat out the season.

Just after missing a season to attempt a full heal, I sprained it again during Spring drills.

Three bad injuries to the same ankle in 20 months and playing days were over. Not enough strength left to keep it healthy while absorbing the intense stress of football.

I guarantee the reason for continued injuries was partly due to playing a full practice on the first sprain, but more importantly rushing it back long before it could heal.

I'd rather these players with sprains miss a game or two than rush it back to face ND. If not fully healed their ankle will be weak all season, likely re-injure, and maybe linger on.

-------

It was originally reported that he would be out 3 weeks. Also, that he was having a fantastic camp. I just hope he's not coming back knowing that his ankle is still "sick" in order to hold on to his spot amidst all the competition.