Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Basketball Review Part 2: Next Season

That is interesting. Who is reporting this?

Per HD:

"Don't be surprised when you hear that Tevin Mack is actively looking at transferring out of the Texas program.

Those close to Mack were putting out word that Mack was looking around, and, out of the blue, Texas got a request from a Power 5 school for Mack's transcript.

Nothing is done or decided, but Mack may be on his way out."

Tevin Mack supposedly looking around[/quote

Interesting, homesick? Feels he didn't get enough playing time?

Not surprised by this statement.  My nonprofessional thought is that his lack of playing time is directly proportional to his performance when called upon.  I remember him taking many long range jumpers that just did not land.  The effort appeared to be there, but the results were quite subpar.  Wish the young man only the best in whatever direction he decides to take.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

"Shaka Smart is dipping into the state of Louisiana.

The Texas head coach put an offer on the table for four-star 2017 Breaux Bridge (La.) small forward Galen Alexander on Tuesday afternoon.

Alexander also holds offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, LSU and a number of other programs.

At 6-foot-6, 215 pounds, Alexander is ranked as the No. 9 small forward in the country and No. 1 overall prospect in Louisiana, according to 247Sports Composite."

http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-offers-Louisianas-top-hoops-recruit-44776494

1. I am not shocked Tevin Mack is looking around. When you're a Power 5 conference player, you want to play. In my review above, I'm not sold that he will be a starter at the 3 next year so it wouldn't shock me. Transfers are a part of the game and it happens. I wasn't shocked that Jordan Barnett transferred and I even predicted he would go to Mizzou. Tevin Mack isn't from Texas and South Carolina is becoming a better basketball program so going home seems more attractive. 

He will evaluate his options, but if he doesn't start next year, expect him to transfer after the Fall Semester. 

2. Dylan Osetkowski is a HUGE get. He arguably the best player, albeit a very bad, Tulane team. He will be a good player for Texas at the 3 or 4 spot. 

3. Tyson Jolly has committed to Baylor:

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011