Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jerrod Heard injured

joeywa

I feel for Kai Locksley, sounds as if he put alot of work in and now is faced with a decision.  Change positions or transfer or his only options IMO if Buechele has jumped him already.  

I also find it odd that Swoopes is named the starter with the offense Gilbert ran at Tulsa.  Talking about a square peg in a round hole.  With that said, I'm in favor of it due to the lack of toughness Heard has shown to this point.  I hate it for Heard that he's hurt and understand he's young, but found it very frustrating when Heard would slide or step out of bounds before the sticks on 3rd downs.  Just don't remember a leader at QB doing that.

Hope Buechele is forcing his way up the depth chart due to performance and not circumstances.  My anticipation for the Spring game is about Buechele as I finally get an opportunity to see him play.

Everything that I've read is that Swoopes is a good fit for this offense on a physical level. It's the making decisions and accuracy issues that is probably going to be the problem.

Yea, I don't think anybody questions Swoopes' physicality or compete level, its just that things fall apart when he is asked to make multiple reads.  Seems as if he can't get his legs underneath him from a balance standpoint to deliver an accurate ball.  The 18 wheeler package is perfect for him b/c he mostly only has one thing to concern himself with.