Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***Texas vs Stanford Baseball Official Game 4 Thread***

joeywa

Joeywa, appreciate you taking the time to do these threads. They are great and your formatting makes it easy to follow. Keep up the good work my friend. Thank you

No problem.  Glad you enjoy it.  I am open to suggestions if you, or anyone else for that matter, has any. 

A programming note: TH night game vs Cal, there's a good chance I won't be on until later in the game, if I make it.  I have a business function to attend.  FR night I'll probably do the game while I wait for a plane.

Very young team. I think they will take some lumps early but this team has a lot of potential. Just need to keep improving before Big 12 play starts.

I believe it's extremely important that everyone understands these points.  These early season non-conference games are going to be tough.  The coaching staff schedules these types of opponents for a reason, and it's to make the team work through adversity, and have them prepared for the long grind of the conference slate.  It also prepares them for tough opponents in the post season.  While today was ugly, splitting with Stanford is a good thing, (with apologies to Bear19! :) )

Good post, Mike. 

Before thursday, I would have taken a split.  Like everyone else, got a little greedy and wanted 3 of 4, but Stanford is a good team with good pitching depth.  Encouraged by what I saw this weekend from the Horns and think the 2016 team is a better version than last years team.  Thanks for the updates Joeywa, much appreciated.

I believe it's extremely important that everyone understands these points. These early season non-conference games are going to be tough. The coaching staff schedules these types of opponents for a reason, and it's to make the team work through adversity, and have them prepared for the long grind of the conference slate. It also prepares them for tough opponents in the post season. While today was ugly, splitting with Stanford is a good thing, (with apologies to Bear19! :) )

Good post, Mike.

No apologies needed. I am talking about my expectations and you guys are talking about reality.