Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Texas vs. Oklahoma Game Thread*****

Aaron Carrara

love this team, and I love Shaka Smart. Any coach that wants to play this team in The Tourney is out of his mind. This team is dangerous. The young talent is seasoned and well conditioned. If Ridley makes it back, and if I were Coach, I wouldn't play him until the Big Dance, it gives us two reliable options at the post. 

Ibeh has developed nicely this season, and he has shown he can be a valuable piece to the puzzle. Hats off to Shaka and staff for developing him. 

Hook 'em!

" ... If Ridley makes it back, and if I were Coach, I wouldn't play him until the Big Dance, it gives us two reliable options at the post. 

Ibeh has developed nicely this season, and he has shown he can be a valuable piece to the puzzle. Hats off to Shaka and staff for developing him. 

Hook 'em!"

Saturday night was the first time I have seen Cam off of his crutches since his injury ... don't forget Shaquille Cleare.  He has played well as of late.  He and Prince have complemented each other well.  

I like the fact that Jarrett Allen, the 247 Sports composite five star power forward from Austin's St. Stephen's Episcopal was in attendance.  I think he would be the cherry on top for this years recruiting class.

I read somewhere that Cam has been lifting lots of weights and his overall strength and body fat percentage is better than it has been since he has been at Texas.  Of course that does not help as much with game playing endurance, but if he can play a little in the playoffs, his offensive skills in the post, even for a few minutes at a time, can be a nice addition to our offensive arsenal.  I hope he can get enough practice time in to knock off some of the rust.  

The finish against Oklahoma really illustrates and accentuates the personality of the teams that Shaka will build at Texas.  I kind of thought that this season would be a nice teaser for what we were in store for in seasons to come.  So, I am gonna be happy however this season turns out.  But, it does look like the future may have arrived a little earlier than I might of thunk it would.