Find results in...

ANYTHING SPRING FOOTBALL!!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had an extensive conversation with my friend earlier today. I was able to ask a lot of questions and received some candid and straightforward answers. Hopefully, no one gets upset about this post. H

If that is a quote from Higs, I find it strange as well.I dont care how realistic at the first week. The whole point is to teach the offense to press forward and run more plays. yes,yes,yes....I under

I'm a huge Bluiett fan.    Guy has moved positions almost every year, and has been productive almost every year. That's a team player right there. 

Posted Images

I'm going to have to disagree with Charlie on the no weapons core value. It's not fair for the football players not to be allowed to carry a gun when all the other UT students are packing.

University of Texas dean quits school for job in Pennsylvania because of Lone Star state’s new policy allowing guns on campus

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/univ-texas-dean-quits-new-gun-law-article-1.2544150

I'm going to have to disagree with Charlie on the no weapons core value. It's not fair for the football players not to be allowed to carry a gun when all the other UT students are packing.

in about 3 years the core values will evolve

NO Twitter

NO Snapchat

NO Instagram

NO Periscope

NO FaceBook

Playball

Per Chip:

"BOTTOM LINE:

With the right trigger-man at QB and a couple bad asses out wide, this offense could take off - and take off quickly.

Gilbert teaches this offense with a lot confidence and swagger and makes it fun for the players. A lot of this offense is about attitude. And I'm told Gilbert teaches it the way Briles does, and Briles tells his players if they commit to great practices and total buy-in "it's unstoppable."

Picture that mindset and that offense compared to last year and then try to contain yourself from whatever you're feeling next.

Gary Patterson made the flip and went from 4-8 to 12-1 and 11-2 and from averaging just more than 25 points per game to more than 44 points per game.

Can Texas get anywhere close to that? If so, watch the F out. So far, it seems the only way to slow this offense down, is by not trusting it or overthinking it or by watering it down.

Strong has told Gilbert he has free reign to run the offense however he sees fit. If that's the case, Strong may be rewarded for taking what surely feels like a total leap of faith, which is what Gary Patterson called it. And Patterson now calls it the best decision of his coaching career."

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com/college/texas/forums/2441-horns-house-subscribers-only

Per Chip:

RUNNING BACK:

Probably the most sound position room on the offense. The players in this room are hard workers, respect each other and pull for each other.

Oh, and they're really talented.

D'Onta Foreman and Chris Warren both have shown they can carry the load, and can be on the field together a lot of the time in this offfense from a two-back set.

(Everyone knows how I love that two-back set with the speed sweep motion! I won't have to beg for it this season like I did last season, because it is the base of this offense's running attack.)

Kirk Johnson is still recovering from an ACL tear in November, and will miss the spring.

Tristian Houston is coming out of a redshirt year and will now be battling for playing time."

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com...ubscribers-only

THE NEW TEXAS OFFENSE:

Nothing will be more anticipated beginning Monday than the installation of Sterlin Gilbert's new offense.

The skill position players already love this new offense because it is fast-paced and gives the players a lot of ownership in the form of easy reads that virtually lets them know at the line if the ball is coming to them (because the QB and WRs should always be reading the same thing).

Thus the emphasis on so many reps in practice.

Other schools who use this offense seek to run between 200 and 300 reps per practice. Charlie Strong and Gilbert will have to determine what's the right balance for Texas.

If Strong wants to have enough time to coach his defense on the field in practice, he'll probably need the offense to get some of its 200 or so reps against scout team defenders, while the defense gets the kind of coaching Strong is comfortable with.

All of those components AND finding the right quarterback will determine if this offense gets installed and off the ground in the way that ensures its success.

Brown, C. (2016). http://www.scout.com...ubscribers-only