Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Coach Strong In Trouble??

TeamMayhall

Fine math, Ricky. It's a good day to be a Horn. Just had a horrible thought. What must it be like to be an aggie? Those that remember Lil' Abner comics should remember the little character, Joe something I couldn't pronounce, that had a rain cloud over his head all the time. Must be like that.

You know, the documents -- as I understand it -- were leaked. This request should not have come out, and actions on it were to be sealed (thru some part of it at least). So... am thinking when it broke aggy went like this....

There is a God! There is a God!! Ahhheeeee.... Thank you, Lord! Thank yoouuuuu -- Lord!!!

Now THAT'S what I'm taking about!! WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW!!

Please let it be true, oh, plz plz pleeeeeze let it be true!!!

And then... days later.... on the eve of Thur, Feb 25th.... 

Mother G-ah-...Arrrrghhhhh... I do not freaking .... you have gotttttta to be.... I'm gonna vomit....

I saw this posted on Shaggy and he's 100% right: 

The reality of PR is that Strong denying it would create an issue for the national media to report. The leaked document gave legit media very little to work with. But everybody would report "Charlie Strong vehemently denies affair with booster's wife" because what Strong says is itself a story. When you publicly deny something like that, it makes many more people aware of the story and associates you in their minds with the very act you are denying. 

You simply don't publicly deny a salacious accusation that hasn't even been made, but only hinted at. And now, barring unforseen developments, the story is likely to go away with little to no damage. And what aggy $#@!sticks say on twitter won't change that.

Hey Sirhornsalot. Verifiable facts- you're right, only that the case is closed. Personally, I'm not pretending it's any more than that. You seem to think, at least the impression you leave with your words, is that there is something more that is not being revealed. My, strong faith in your source OL' boy. Well, so be it. You seem to be butt hurt its over. Begs the question, what would things be liked or you if you didn't have your source? What would be your identity? And, oh my goodness, what is he/she was wrong? Um, um, um, hard to even contemplate. Well, enough of this, on to more fun things. Hook'em

You could have stopped with the first sentence. It was correct and that's where my concern ends.

I don't know what you think "personally" but what you left in print told a different story. It's why I bothered quoting you. You contradict yourself without blinking an eye. 

I do not know if there's anything more that could be revealed with Charlie Strong and the Kentucky lady and I actually said so in my last post. So at this point it appears you're attempting to put thoughts into my head that I don't have. My point was what I said it was – NOTHING was verified in the way of facts, unlike what you claimed in your post. If you want to know what my thoughts are on anything particular, just ask. Speculation isn't serving you well.

Yes, I do think my source is about as inside as it gets. Whats your point? Would you feel better if I told you he was a drunk who beat his wife? WTF?

I'm not butt hurt. But running a newsroom for 17 years implanted in my head a very high regard for handling facts and truth, which is why I keep quoting your posts and actually had to produce two of your quotes in one post today because you can't remember what you post from day to day. Go figure.

What would things be like for me if I didn't have a source? LOL Maybe I wouldn't have to deal with shit like this? LOL

You see, Cactus, for a dozen years I marketed exclusively to people who were Horns. I continue to sponsor the website you're posting on right now. I imagine I have more than 60 or so Horns as customers right now in DFW and another three dozen in Austin. I know them all and enjoy their friendships (except for meeting my newest member from HS this month). A couple of them are well connected and bend my ear.

You'll notice that at the top of this board there is a landscape thread. I've been writing that thread for about 15 years now, both here and on another site. So long before I ever got pulled aside and had my ear filled, I was doing just fine. I hope this eases the bizarre concern you have for someone you've never met and likely never will.

I saw this posted on Shaggy and he's 100% right: 

The reality of PR is that Strong denying it would create an issue for the national media to report. The leaked document gave legit media very little to work with. But everybody would report "Charlie Strong vehemently denies affair with booster's wife" because what Strong says is itself a story. When you publicly deny something like that, it makes many more people aware of the story and associates you in their minds with the very act you are denying. 

You simply don't publicly deny a salacious accusation that hasn't even been made, but only hinted at. And now, barring unforseen developments, the story is likely to go away with little to no damage. And what aggy $#@!sticks say on twitter won't change that.

Agree. At the end of the day, 100% of that is true. I'm glad its over.

You watch though. Aggy will aggy this up while trying to hit him with it. It will be ugly. It will be aggy. lol

Fine math, Ricky. It's a good day to be a Horn. Just had a horrible thought. What must it be like to be an aggie? Those that remember Lil' Abner comics should remember the little character, Joe something I couldn't pronounce, that had a rain cloud over his head all the time. Must be like that.

image17.jpg

Joe Btfsplk - AKA all aggies everywhere.

Hey Budreau, thanks for Joe's pic. A classic. Last name still baffles me.

CJ, I am really showing my age, but I grew up with Lil' Abner.  Joe's last name came from the fact that as a plot change device in the comic strip, he would periodically walk through an ongoing story wreaking havoc, disarray and random mayhem on all around him.  At the end of the strip he would be seen as in the above drawing, walking away absorbed in his misery mumbling a curse in the manner of the Comics, such as ..."%#@7&!!".  The curse would usually be embedded in the stormy cloud above his head. If you look at the image I pasted, you can tell where the comment was apparently edited out.

Many years ago I either read an interview with Al Capp or saw an interview with him on TV, where he explained that Joe originally was just a plot change device, as I mentioned earlier.  But, he became popular so Al began to incorporate Joe story themes.  He eventually had to give him a name so he named him "Joe Bthsplk" with his last name being an acronym for the comic strip manner of cursing and more specifically the razberry known as "the Bronx Cheer".

That's my story and I am sticking to it!   ;)

Budreau, thanks for the history lesson. Didn't know any of that, but his movement thru the strips is clearly coming back. It was always a hoot when he crashed whatever was going on. No wonder I could never pronounce his last name. A Bronx Cheer makes a world of sense, and a mystery has been solved. It's amazing how well it fits the funk in which the ags seem to forever be stuck. Stick with your story. 😃

Budreau, sorry to come right back at you, but that image of Joe set the evil wheels in my brain turning. With a photo shopped ATM on his hat he has real possibilities. You might name him Aggie Joe B.- AAE, and he would surely be worthy of posting here and other sites. You could even put him in different locations and in a variety of messes imitating his name sakes. Just a thought.

Man, I think I better have an adult beverage to chase away the evil spirits.

Budreau, sorry to come right back at you, but that image of Joe set the evil wheels in my brain turning. With a photo shopped ATM on his hat he has real possibilities. You might name him Aggie Joe B.- AAE, and he would surely be worthy of posting here and other sites. You could even put him in different locations and in a variety of messes imitating his name sakes. Just a thought.

Man, I think I better have an adult beverage to chase away the evil spirits.

Speaking of aggie Joe, didn't we have an aggiejoe on this board awhile back? Or did we just have an aggiemike? Aggiemike was a decent poster from the dark side. He must have gone into hibernation after Malikmas.