Bear19

Oh Aggy, Part Deux

We can't let this thread die.  Here is the latest from 247AG:

• TCU Mod is saying that Kary Vincent got so mad at Joseph that he walked out of a meeting. Hamm can you confirm? What is going on with Kary's recruitment, is staff ok not landing him at CB?

Aggy's will never understand why they are the laughing stock of college America.  Frankly, being the father of an Aggie, this is starting to make me sad.

IMO, the cure for their dreadful reputation is the following:

1.  The first thing they need to do, and I mean the very first, is to ban the Corps, and everything related to the Corps.

2.  Do away with fish camp (it was started by the corps)

3.  Do away with all the ridiculous Corps "traditions", including a burial ground for dead dogs.

4.  Perform an exorcism of anything Corps

5.  Change their fight song to NOT include UT in every other verse.

6.  In fact, do not permit anything related to UT to be discussed anywhere on the campus.

7.  Get rid of the milk men and replace them with REAL girls.

8.  Getting rid of all things Corp, means sitting down at games and replacing the band with a real college band.

9.  Change the mascot emblem from Sarg to anything not related to the bleeping corps - maybe a collie.

10. Getting rid of the Hitler youth means getting rid of all uniforms and an ROTC.

We can't let this thread die.  Here is the latest from 247AG:

• TCU Mod is saying that Kary Vincent got so mad at Joseph that he walked out of a meeting. Hamm can you confirm? What is going on with Kary's recruitment, is staff ok not landing him at CB?

Aggy's will never understand why they are the laughing stock of college America.  Frankly, being the father of an Aggie, this is starting to make me sad.

IMO, the cure for their dreadful reputation is the following:

1.  The first thing they need to do, and I mean the very first, is to ban the Corps, and everything related to the Corps.

2.  Do away with fish camp (it was started by the corps)

3.  Do away with all the ridiculous Corps "traditions", including a burial ground for dead dogs.

4.  Perform an exorcism of anything Corps

5.  Change their fight song to NOT include UT in every other verse.

6.  In fact, do not permit anything related to UT to be discussed anywhere on the campus.

7.  Get rid of the milk men and replace them with REAL girls.

8.  Getting rid of all things Corp, means sitting down at games and replacing the band with a real college band.

9.  Change the mascot emblem from Sarg to anything not related to the bleeping corps - maybe a collie.

10. Getting rid of the Hitler youth means getting rid of all uniforms and an ROTC.

That'll never happen, Doc, because "turdishan"!

aggy should've done that years ago when they went co-ed and allowed non-regs in. Now it's too late and "Texas State" is already taken. Their shot at normalcy has long since passed.

WHOOP!

Going back to the Kary Vincent incident.  It seems that the boy and his dad were invited to the Auburn game and, while in College Station, were to have met with Joseph expecting his promised offer.  An offer that they would have committed to on the spot.  As it turned out, they were ignored and paid no attention.  The Vincent's were furious (especially since the dad was a legacy) and stormed out and went home.  This occurred over a year ago and the aggy coach, Joseph, has since apologized, but the damage had been done and aggy is out.

Furk...

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

No clue why aggy was even trying to win this, they were already a national seed. There's absolutely no reason to waste arms and kill your bullpen in conference tournaments unless you need the auto-bid. 

When Texas was a lock to be a national seed Augie would pretty much throw Big 12 games at times. Texas Tech did the same thing this weekend. They were trying to get out of the Big 12 tournament as fast as they could. 

Then again this might be why Childress has only made 1 CWS in 10 years at aggy. Maybe he can turn that around this year.