Bear19

Oh Aggy, Part Deux

On 8/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, oldhorn2 said:

the other thing is aTm win percentage much higher against secsecsec than non secsecsec (P-5).....proof positive the secsecsec myth is about to be exposed...

SEC "dominance" is an ESPN perpetuated myth. Most lamestream media hacks just echo their talking points. aggy, being sheep, fully embraced it.

aggy's league record is actually better now than it was in the Big 12. 54% vs 52%

13 hours ago, Monsieur ATX said:

In over your head Jumbo

Don't know about anyone else my coaches weren't big believers in taking the afternoon off for poor demeanor, focus and execution in practice.  They were BIG fans, however, of gassers, belly flops, '40-60-80-100s', bear crawls and other brutally painful drills.  They were also pretty high on watching us puke...

Just now, utparothed said:

Don't know about anyone else my coaches weren't big believers in taking the afternoon off for poor demeanor, focus and execution in practice.  They were BIG fans, however, of gassers, belly flops, '40-60-80-100s', bear crawls and other brutally painful drills.  They were also pretty high on watching us puke...

Your coaches didn't have a $75 MM, fully guaranteed contract.

21 hours ago, Bogey said:

The aggy mascot can’t even make a mark on this list.

Uga gets top dog accolades.

9 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Uga GIFs | Tenor

Yeah. Top dog. Not top mascot.

14 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

lets see....

Best mascot.......no...

best dog mascot......no

best mascot in the secsecsec......no

best dog mascot in the secsecsec......no

gets first choice to sleep in any aggies bed.....YES!

My opinions on SEC mascots;

• Best Mascot = War Eagle
  • Best Dog = Smokey
  • Best Team Name(s) = Gators & Gamecocks
  • Worst Mascot = Reveille 
  • Worst Team Name = aggy

A Visit to Auburn University â College Expert

On 8/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Texas2725 said:

This article is from Aug of 2018 fyi.  We definitely better-dealed our little bros with the schedule we set up instead of them.

Furk

Still relevant, but I've gotta start checking the fine print before retweeting articles from ESPN.

Longhorn fans should feel free to talk as much shit over program revenues as they want to with the aggys. The fiscal year ends on Aug 31. That is the date the financial snapshot is taken for the 2018-2019 financials filed with the Department of Education reports than can be found here https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

The aggy capital campaigns have ended and their reported revenues will fall back down to the $150 mil level (out of the top 10).

Meanwhile, with the SEZ pledges beginning to roll in, UT revenues are going to soar. And by soar, we are talking $220 mil in operating revenue, plus at least $125 million in SEZ pledges. 

I’m not sure if the timing of the SEZ income, but the $225 mil in operating income is in the bank, and some time between this fiscal year and next, at least another $125 mil will be recorded.

We very easily could see aggy drop from $200 mil in overall revenue to less than $150 mil and UT jump to well over $300 mil. Depending on a couple of factors, aggy could be below $150 mil and UT could post over $350 mil. 

Just giving people a heads up.

2 hours ago, Baron said:

I always love to hear about little brother being put in his place.

Feel free to be cocky talking athletics revenue smack with the aggys over the next 18 months.

I cannot just come out and ask CDC about the timing of things, but my personal guess is they will recognize the revenue early, so it doesn't right before the 2021 legislature starts to discuss appropriation. If I'm right, the reports will start being public around next April.

But there is simply no way to massage these numbers. They will be jaw dropping. From Sept 1, 2018 to Aug 31, 2021 UT athletics will bring in roughly $800 mil from all sources. A&M, about $450 mil. This, with UT's debt service staying constant around 7% of operating revenue, and aggy staying around 18% of operating revenue.

Add to this the new UT basketball arena that will add $0 to UT debt service.

If Tom gets the boys clicking, the revenue numbers will need to be revised.

I think UT athletics financials are about to hit a sweet spot a level far above what aggy has been braying about for the past few years.

Air Force

Texas A&M Corps of Cadets found guilty of 143 years of stolen valor

Secretary_of_Defense_Robert_Gates_and_me

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – The student body of Texas A&M University was rocked today by news that their Corps of Cadets is guilty of stolen valor and has been for 143 years. Authorities reached a guilty verdict after discovering that despite wearing uniforms in public, displaying military medals, and being big time hardos, less than half of cadets go on to serve in the military.

“The fact that these kids and this institution have let this go on for over a century is unconscionable,” says lead investigator Winston Hughes. “While it does not appear any of the cadets were able to translate their fake military status into getting laid, the vast majority did attempt to get free apps at the local Chili’s every Veterans’ Day.”

Stolen Valor is typically defined as an individual wearing a military uniform and impersonating a member of the armed forces despite never having served.  Texas A&M released a statement clarifying that, while the majority of their Cadets don’t commission into the armed forces, some do and all of them take their “dress up and march around stuff” very seriously.

The school also stressed the importance of imagination in developing young minds. “Whether that involves imagining you go to Hogwarts or imagining you attend a military academy, the principle remains the same,” Booster Club President Jimbob Joe Houston notes.

Houston was also quick to point out the school’s status as a Senior Military College, a special designation granted to several institutions after the Civil War authorizing their students to wear fancy boots and get high and tight haircuts unironically.  However, detractors point out, that authorization is for individuals who are actually going to join the military and does not cover those who are live-action role-playing as soldiers from the Spanish-American War.

The nail in the coffin for A&M’s stolen valor case was the fact that unlike other Senior Military Colleges—such as the Citadel or the Virginia Military Institute—it’s possible to be a student at the school without being a fake ROTC weirdo.

“Over 69,000 students will attend class this year in College Station while only about 2,500 will dress up and ask people to thank them for their service” Hughes notes.

When reached for comment, member of the Corps Josh Taylor was unapologetic.

“How am I stealing valor by just wearing a uniform?  Like I owe some kind of service to the country?” Taylor says. “I bought these boots with my parents’ own money, and donated my time to appearing on ESPN football broadcasts all fall.  The nation has been compensated.”

“If anything, you could say I’m overcompensating”