Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Bear19

Oh Aggy, Part Deux

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

No.  If Fisher works one year, he gets that year's $7.5MM salary.     

Unless he is fired without cause. Then he gets the total package of 75 million. Just like Rumlin got what was owed to him.

If Dumbo gets them in serious trouble with the NCAA they can either look the other way or fire him for cause and theoretically not owe him anything. But it would not surprise me if it is written in his contract that he cannot be fired for NCAA troubles. My guess is he had bagman lined up before he ever arrived, and his new employers know it.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Unless he is fired without cause. Then he gets the total package of 75 million. Just like Rumlin got what was owed to him.

If Dumbo gets them in serious trouble with the NCAA they can either look the other way or fire him for cause and theoretically not owe him anything. But it would not surprise me if it is written in his contract that he cannot be fired for NCAA troubles. My guess is he had bagman lined up before he ever arrived, and his new employers know it.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Do we have any contract lawyers in the house? I'd like to know how aggy can fire Jimbo for cause. Here's a link to his contract;

https://www.scribd.com/document/386821719/Jimbo-Fisher-Contract#from_embed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Do we have any contract lawyers in the house? I'd like to know how aggy can fire Jimbo for cause. Here's a link to his contract;

https://www.scribd.com/document/386821719/Jimbo-Fisher-Contract#from_embed

If you remember Mike Leach’s case, a state school basically gets to define cause and it sticks. Jimbo maybe should have done some due diligence.

I miss the Pirate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wayne said:

If you remember Mike Leach’s case, a state school basically gets to define cause and it sticks. Jimbo maybe should have done some due diligence.

I miss the Pirate. 

 

Then how do your explain aggy buying out Stumblin's contract for $10MM? I mean, they had video of him stumblin' drunk (pun intended).

F aggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Pure comedic gold on SECrant.com in a thread titled;

A&M turned down home and home with Texas

They understand aggie well. Peacockery, false bravado, and all.

F aggy

Thanks JB, that was rather entertaining. SEC has caught on to aggie.

A couple of weeks ago, a salesman, who went to ag two years but didn’t even graduate called the CEO of the company I work for a “sip” repeatedly on a visit. My CEO escorted him out and told him if he showed his face again he would kick his ass.  

Stupid is stupid. 

Funniest thing is the owner of the company went to a&m and backed the CEO fully.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if you guys have read the recent Looch write-up, but it's some sunshine pumping that has reached unknown levels.  Mond is completing 80% of his passes in practice, Williams will lead the league in rushing behind a walk-on Full Back who has NFL ability, Sternberger is basically Jason Witten, the OL will be mauling people by October like the mid-90's Cowboy lines, Donovon Wilson is an all SEC Safety, the LB's have Mike Singletary and Dick Butkis clones, and nobody is running on Mack and Mabudieke.  Lord have mercy on anybody on the aggy schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I hear aggy is negotiating with Allen High for a home and home series. Prolly a better game than Northwestern St. lol

 

Yes, idiots on their board that have been clipped to the frenzy thread think our schedule sucks and is overrated.  It is actually much better than their usual shit show of  FCS teams and directional programs.  This year they had those, plus Clemson of course.  They continue to defend losses by complaining about us being ranked and playing “overrated” ranked teams.  They are still more concerned about big brother than taking care of their own business.  Sweet prefabricated NC trophy is kick ass!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


Franchise Quest



×
×
  • Create New...