Find results in...

Oh Aggy, Part Deux

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daughter (Aggie vet school grad) thinks TAMU will never change until it gets rid of the Corps and all its faux "traditions".  Son-in-law (Aggie vet school grad) thinks TAMU will never change until the

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to being a diploma mill, aggy now prides itself on being a no-championship, NFL farm team. Advantage, aggy

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

Perhaps SportsDay missed the more interesting point here . . . . That despite 9 NFL combine prospects, Aggy still found a way to 8-5 and 4th place.

If they're that good, how are they so bad?

You don't judge a school's decision to switch conferences by how many players go to the NFL. How can you conclude what was best for the school by what was best for a few athletes?

If it were good for aggy, there would be a ton of hardware to show for it.

Aggy just can't make those uniforms look worth a damn. Maroon is not a very attractive color in the first place. Then you add gray to it, which is a drab color in itself – and you get pretty drab uniforms. There's just no way to make those colors look good.

So after my run-in with Haliburton and Golden on Facebook, . . . I get a random PM from someone I don't know. He says he was watching the conversation between myself and Haliburton and felt I had got the better of them both. Thats not really what I was hoping to do but I told him I appreciated the kind words.

Then he tells me he's aggy and OMG spend 20 minutes of typing on why being aggy is so great. I mentioned to him that eggy seemed to be about where they were in the Big 12, perhaps less successful given the records. He became unhinged. He started talking about image and exposure until I asked if they gave out hardware for that stuff. lol

He was a nice guy, I'll give him that. Way too programmed in the aggy cult though. lol Running into them is more like meeting a foreigner than meeting a foreigner is.

So after my run-in with Haliburton and Golden on Facebook, . . . I get a random PM from someone I don't know. He says he was watching the conversation between myself and Haliburton and felt I had got the better of them both. Thats not really what I was hoping to do but I told him I appreciated the kind words.

Then he tells me he's aggy and OMG spend 20 minutes of typing on why being aggy is so great. I mentioned to him that eggy seemed to be about where they were in the Big 12, perhaps less successful given the records. He became unhinged. He started talking about image and exposure until I asked if they gave out hardware for that stuff. lol

He was a nice guy, I'll give him that. Way too programmed in the aggy cult though. lol Running into them is more like meeting a foreigner than meeting a foreigner is.

All aggy are that way - nice people until you question #aggielogic. It's a big ass cult.

Why did you get into it with Haliburton & Golden?

All aggy are that way - nice people until you question #aggielogic. It's a big ass cult.

Why did you get into it with Haliburton & Golden?

Golden went on a diatribe about what a travesty it was for Trump to boot CNN, NYT and LAT from a PC.

I asked why it was such a big deal now, but not when Obama did the same thing. 

Golden got defensive, demanded a link. I responded with nine. I also brought up the wire-tapping of Rosen and Rosen's parents, seizing phone records of AP reporters, kicking reporters off a plane, etc., which were also apparently okay just a short time ago. 

It went downhill from there as apparently Haliburton thought she was an attack dog and jumped in to save the day. I should have a jersey now that has "She Hate Me" on the back. lol

If these TV and newspaper personalities are going to participate in social media, they shouldn't put themselves into situations where they've being taught about their occupation and recent events directly related to it. Haliburton attempted to explain away everything Obama did. lol. That didn't fly very long. lol

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, the AAS has been one of the worst rags in Texas for the last 55 years or so.The only thing they had going for them was Ellie Rucker and John Kelso. The sports section was ok doing UT football( as it should have) but absolutely sucked at anything else.

I havnt looked at it in years.....do they still put out a paper on week ends?