Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Per Sources: Chris Vaughn not returning to Texas

Mike Roach

We heard from sources about half an hour ago that Texas defensive back coach Chris Vaughn will not be returning to the coaching staff.  Vaughn has been one of the top recruiters on Charlie Strong's staff since he was hired at the beginning of 2014.  We are still confirming the reasoning behind the move, and don't believe it was a planned departure.  We will update when more details become available.

UPDATE: From what sources are telling us, this could be related to the findings of the NCAA investigation into Ole Miss.  Vaughn worked at Ole Miss under Houston Nutt from 2008-2011 as his recruiting coordinator.  We are still trying to uncover more about this story.

Apparently, what happened took place at Ole Miss when he worked for Houston Nutt and the NCAA had Vaughn dead to rights. Coach Strong had no choice but to fire him. Apparently this was the sort of SEC stuff that nobody at UT would dare do. More info is forthcoming, I am sure. Now, people are going to wonder why CS didn't find this in the vetting procedure.

Apparently, what happened took place at Ole Miss when he worked for Houston Nutt and the NCAA had Vaughn dead to rights. Coach Strong had no choice but to fire him. Apparently this was the sort of SEC stuff that nobody at UT would dare do. More info is forthcoming, I am sure. Now, people are going to wonder why CS didn't find this in the vetting procedure.

Two things stick out that I'm very curious in wanting to know 1.Did Vaughn inform Strong of this forthcoming info and two I'm curious did Strong knew of any info or any hunch feeling this was about to take a strange turn of events in terms of Vaughn's recruitment

Two things stick out that I'm very curious in wanting to know 1.Did Vaughn inform Strong of this forthcoming info and two I'm curious did Strong knew of any info or any hunch feeling this was about to take a strange turn of events in terms of Vaughn's recruitment

I think Strong had an hunch I remember when the story came out their was a report that strong was telling Deontany Anderson that it was coming, so if you put two and two together I'm sure you can concluded something might fall back on Vaughn and there's a report strong might already have an DB coach in place

I think Strong had an hunch I remember when the story came out their was a report that strong was telling Deontany Anderson that it was coming, so if you put two and two together I'm sure you can concluded something might fall back on Vaughn and there's a report strong might already have an DB coach in place

Wow. Like wow